+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Welsh open QF snooker

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Banned

Welsh open QF snooker

What a tournament this has proven to be.

What a qf line up today.

7 of the 8 players left are from the top 10.
    I've never seen a tournament like it.

I've been a couple of time this week, I saw kyren Wilson 147.

Anyone else been down?
    Anyone else been paying the £5.90 for a can of lager that motor point arena think is justified?

Re: Welsh open QF snooker

Quote Originally Posted by nugent View Post
    What a tournament this has proven to be.

What a qf line up today.

7 of the 8 players left are from the top 10.
    I've never seen a tournament like it.

I've been a couple of time this week, I saw kyren Wilson 147.

Anyone else been down?
    Anyone else been paying the £5.90 for a can of lager that motor point arena think is justified?
    Not been down myself no. There's not been a great deal of promotion / marketing for this event taking place here in Cardiff.
    Next week sees another huge sporting event at the Motorpoint, Premier League darts.

It's all about the rugby mun!

£5.90 for a can is scandalous BTW!

I go every year on the Wednesday for the round of 64. An 8-table set up with 4 four games on each throughout the day. If you choose the right vantage point, you can see most tables from certain seats. The all-day tickets are £18, but reduced to £12.50 on Black Friday. Great value to see all the big names (very few lose in the round of 128). Best-of-7 matches, with no intervals and a quick turnaround. I'd highly recommend it, but agreed about the food and drink inside, it's a rip-off. Save yourself for a feed in the Smokehaus across the road, proper food.

If Ronnie gets to the semi I might take a trek down there tomorrow. Well, I was planning to until you just said its £5.90 per can

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    If Ronnie gets to the semi I might take a trek down there tomorrow. Well, I was planning to until you just said its £5.90 per can
    Ronnie is 4-0 up.

Ronnie is through 5-1

Made unnecessary hard work of that last frame and was lucky to win it in the end. Just needed to roll that red in to leave Selby needing 3 snookers effectively as the black was tied up, but decided to smash it and screw back for a colour he didnt need.

On the one hand watching Ronnie in such attacking mode is great, but I think he could come unstuck against someone like Robertson if he gives him so many chances tomorrow (Assuming Robertson beats Wilson).

Banned

Made unnecessary hard work of that last frame and was lucky to win it in the end. Just needed to roll that red in to leave Selby needing 3 snookers effectively as the black was tied up, but decided to smash it and screw back for a colour he didnt need.

On the one hand watching Ronnie in such attacking mode is great, but I think he could come unstuck against someone like Robertson if he gives him so many chances tomorrow (Assuming Robertson beats Wilson).
    Wilson won 5-0.
    That's where the smart money bet should go

Didn't Ronnie give up the chance of a 147 a few years ago in the Welsh Open because he thought the prize money wasn't good enough? Not knocking him by the way, as he's by far the most entertaining player to watch imo.

Quote Originally Posted by valleys caveman View Post
    Didn't Ronnie give up the chance of a 147 a few years ago in the Welsh Open because he thought the prize money wasn't good enough? Not knocking him by the way, as he's by far the most entertaining player to watch imo.
    He did it in one tournament. Not sure if it was the Welsh Open. Took a pink and scored 146 I think.

He did it in one tournament. Not sure if it was the Welsh Open. Took a pink and scored 146 I think.
    Yes, at the Welsh open.

Didn't he just refuse to pot the black?

He potted it in the end, for the fans.

I love Ronnie.

Always love this.

Quote Originally Posted by length View Post

I love Ronnie.
    Me too. Mans a genius.

Quote Originally Posted by length View Post

I love Ronnie.
    He might have done that too but I definitely remember him purposely scoring 146 instead of 147 in protest at the prize money on offer for a maximum.