Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
I was disappointed to see Peltier go after 5 years at the club and (in my opinion) being our best defender.

I can accept that Harris wanted to move him on to help with a new playing style, a younger squad, and maybe to reduce the wage bill. I can also accept that Peltier fancied a move to a club with a very good chance of promotion.

But it does make a difference to the story if he left for a short term deal that only lasts as long as his Cardiff contract - there may have been more money in it for him but no more security - and if Neil Harris is implying wrongly that Peltier would be at WBA next season that sounds like a dishonest smokescreen to cover a bust up with the player.

My point is not about the merits of Peltier in the squad, it is about the way the manager has explained the move. I have been very impressed by Harris in his interviews so far (and increasingly with the way he has managed the team) but this has put a dent in that favourable impression. That OK for you dml1954?
Peltier was an employee, managed by Harris. Why he left is a private matter which the club can choose to disclose or otherwise. If they choose not to then it's open to speculation. I have a hunch it's his large weekly wage, the fact that he is totally incapable of making the simplest of passes, and turns around and goes backwards once he's 60 yards from his own goal line..