+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Call me a snowflake, but I'm not going today

Call me a snowflake, but I'm not going today

My seat is in the Ninian. The stand faces SW. The wind, around 40 mph and rain will be blowing straight into the stand around 16.00. After a game earlier in the season when I was soaked to the skin (a guy sitting near me was off work the next day). No way am I putting myself thru that again - and while I usually take a brolly when walking to the ground, I doubt I could keep this up today.

During the last game after a deluge, early on I noticed a high ball was held up by water on the pitch. I'm expecting a postponement or even an abandoned game.

Re: Call me a snowflake, but I'm not going today

Snowflake,I'll be going with just my string vest on.

Snowflake. It’s actually not too bad in Bristol, making my way over now. Worst case is a afternoon in the pub 😂

hey cyclops...not going because of the weather isn't snowflake ish..
    snowflakes would say the weather has offended them and they feel stressed and anxious

My seat is in row B in the Ninian. I'll be going, but I'm not looking forward to it. Never mind sitting in the wind and rain for 90 minutes, I'll be cycling there and back. At least the wind will be behind me coming home.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclops View Post
    My seat is in the Ninian. The stand faces SW. The wind, around 40 mph and rain will be blowing straight into the stand around 16.00. After a game earlier in the season when I was soaked to the skin (a guy sitting near me was off work the next day). No way am I putting myself thru that again - and while I usually take a brolly when walking to the ground, I doubt I could keep this up today.

During the last game after a deluge, early on I noticed a high ball was held up by water on the pitch. I'm expecting a postponement or even an abandoned game.
    Snowflake!
    The poor participants will be wearing shorts

Living up near Aberdare I won't put my 6 year old through this. With all the rain forecast and flooding possible, we'd be buggered if trains don't run. I'd think twice about it if I was on my own, but not with a young boy as well.

Quote Originally Posted by kendoddsdadsdogsdead View Post
    hey cyclops...not going because of the weather isn't snowflake ish..
    snowflakes would say the weather has offended them and they feel stressed and anxious
    I'm not a snowflake!
    I'm not a snowflake!
    I'm not a snowflake!

Just go and sit somewhere else

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post
    Snowflake!
    The poor participants will be wearing shorts
    I loved playing in wet weather. The trouble was that if it rained on Friday night, I'd lie in bed listening to it, knowing that the game was going to be called off. Only when it started raining during the game did we play in driving rain.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Living up near Aberdare I won't put my 6 year old through this. With all the rain forecast and flooding possible, we'd be buggered if trains don't run. I'd think twice about it if I was on my own, but not with a young boy as well.
    What’s your traffic estimation for today’s trip from Hirwaun to the CCS

Quote Originally Posted by RichardM View Post
    My seat is in row B in the Ninian. I'll be going, but I'm not looking forward to it. Never mind sitting in the wind and rain for 90 minutes, I'll be cycling there and back. At least the wind will be behind me coming home.
    I for one look forward to your report of this adventure.

I'm not a snowflake!
    I'm not a snowflake!
    I'm not a snowflake!

Some of us were well on the way to Derby.....😐 Should have been a red weather warning that day.
    Time to get the Gortex out.

To be honest I think the weather will impact on the attendance today.
    Those near the front seats I would imagine could move further up.

I'm in the family stand half way up.
    Normally 4 of us go. But it's just me today.
    It's half term next week as well.

A big part of me is hoping it will be called off.

Quote Originally Posted by sneggyblubird View Post
    Snowflake,I'll be going with just my string vest on.
    I was going to go, but we've all got a line we will not cross, and the string vest has crossed it for me.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop View Post
    A big part of me is hoping it will be called off.
    Someone with half a brain needs to say, look this is ridiculous. It’s already lashing down, a tree has cut off the Ebbw Vale line and it’s strong winds later. It wouldn’t get into the second half.

I'm not either. I've had a lay in, breakfast in bed and currently pottering around the house with Eurythmics blasting out. A rare treat, lemme tell 'ew!

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Blue View Post
    Someone with half a brain needs to say, look this is ridiculous. It’s already lashing down, a tree has cut off the Ebbw Vale line and it’s strong winds later. It wouldn’t get into the second half.
    It's not even raining here at the moment, are you a secret Derby fan?

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    It's raining hard here

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    Where are you??
    It's pi$$ing down in St Melllons!

Cardiff (CCS) just tweeted that there's NO inspection planned, game on, bring your coats

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Blue View Post
    Yeah but there's always a possibility it could be another "Michael Fish" episode.
    It would be a big call to call a game off on the word of a weatherman!

Better take some sun cream just in case.

Spare a thought for the young Bloobirds - first year development squad are playing here at Leckwith
    Losing 1-2 against Watford and it’s absolutely torrential here 💦☔️

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post
    Yeah but there's always a possibility it could be another "Michael Fish" episode.
    It would be a big call to call a game off on the word of a weatherman!

Better take some sun cream just in case.
    My father-in-law did Derek the Weather's roof a few years ago. He said he was a nice fella but made the tea too milky.

Since I've heard that, I'll only listen to Behnaz.