+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Call me a snowflake, but I'm not going today

Re: Call me a snowflake, but I'm not going today

Quote Originally Posted by valleys caveman View Post
    What, even if she put the milk in when the teabag is still in the cup?
    ??? Teabag in the cup!!! The teabags go in the tea pot, left to brew then pour. Tea bag in the cup indeed!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Depends where you are going. In the Cynon valley, trains were cancelled mid afternoon due to flooding. Rail replacement buses, once they had started, didn't last long. Lots of localised flooding. Roads have been closed in several areas in the nearby area.

It was odd watching a game 20 miles away where there appeared to be little rain, yet I looked out of the window up here several times and it was absolutely hammering down. It has virtually all day.
    Same with me at the top of the Rhondda valley - I apologise to dml 54 for not turning up despite the fact that I can count on the fingers of one hand the number I've not been at in the last twenty years (all for reasons of ill health before yesterday).

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    I just got home in Somerset after delays on the rail network. I can't imagine how bad it was getting to the ground from the suburbs of Cardiff
    Many thanks for your observations, mush
    I'll just add that it was the 50th anniversary of our engagement on 14th and we had a huge party of well-wishers organised for yesterday. Didn't want to miss out for any reason on the festivities.
    Hope this doesn't make you feel too badly about your comments.

Quote Originally Posted by Madassa View Post
    No doubt it hammers down many days this time of year.
    Travelled in out of Central today and can't say I noticed much disruption and certainly didn't stop plenty of valleys girls venturing out in clobber only fit for Magaluf rather St Mary's St.
    Hey ho🤔
    Thankfully Cardiff wasn't so badly hit.

This is Mountain Ash railway canal this morning https://youtu.be/QR4fU2vta3M

We're currently in the middle of a red warning for rain and there has been significant flooding. Not quite your average hammering down, but as you don't live anywhere near you'd have no idea.

I am in row I of the Ninian. It was one of the warmer/dryer games of the last few months 😂

Thankfully Cardiff wasn't so badly hit.

This is Mountain Ash railway canal this morning https://youtu.be/QR4fU2vta3M

We're currently in the middle of a red warning for rain and there has been significant flooding. Not quite your average hammering down, but as you don't live anywhere near you'd have no idea.
    There is flooding in Cardiff by the Taff. The footpath between Tesco Western Avenue and the river is flooded. There is flooding in Pontcanna fields. Radyr Court Road, the opposite side of the river to Hailey Park is flooded.

I delebrity left my higher dry seat in the Ninian, to sit in he first rows of the stand in the cold and wet to lend my support to our on field hero's

Today I'm in Ponty trying to shop .

Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop View Post
    A big part of me is hoping it will be called off.
    Show-off

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclops View Post
    Many thanks for your observations, mush
    I'll just add that it was the 50th anniversary of our engagement on 14th and we had a huge party of well-wishers organised for yesterday. Didn't want to miss out for any reason on the festivities.
    Hope this doesn't make you feel too badly about your comments.
    And you missed the game for that? Shame on you

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    In ground. Wind dropped. Hardly raining. Seats dry. Pitch excellent. No excuse for not turning up today.
    Idiot.

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/w...rning-17756757

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Same with me at the top of the Rhondda valley - I apologise to dml 54 for not turning up despite the fact that I can count on the fingers of one hand the number I've not been at in the last twenty years (all for reasons of ill health before yesterday).
    Of course my post was not directed at you, so I don't know why you took it personally but in the interests of fairness, perhaps you should issue a similar apology to all the other people in this thread who posted similarly to me. I have to travel 50 miles to get to the ground and had no problems getting either in or back, so it is a little hard to understand how some people appeared happy not to attend and hoped the game would be called off.

Of course my post was not directed at you, so I don't know why you took it personally but in the interests of fairness, perhaps you should issue a similar apology to all the other people in this thread who posted similarly to me. I have to travel 50 miles to get to the ground and had no problems getting either in or back, so it is a little hard to understand how some people appeared happy not to attend and hoped the game would be called off.
    Idiot;-

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-51517529

Still, as long as you can keep on being deliberatively provocative it doesn't matter does it.

.... perhaps you should issue a similar apology to all the other people in this thread who posted similarly to me....
    I, for one, am glad of an opportunity to sincerely apologise to you for the many occasions I've called you a troll on here.
    Clearly this has been a deliberate and considerable understatement of your activity on this board and I hope that this has caused no anxiety or stress to you.

Idiot;-

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-51517529

Still, as long as you can keep on being deliberatively provocative it doesn't matter does it.
    Not sure he is being deliberately provocative. But as long as he was ok, then everyone else should be fine as well. I think your double use of idiot is closer to the mark.

Not sure he is being deliberately provocative. But as long as he was ok, then everyone else should be fine as well. I think your double use of idiot is closer to the mark.
    I was referring to his comment about there being no excuse for people not turning up - why was there any need for that? The only thing I can think of is that he feels he has to criticise other supporters about something in every post he makes.

I was referring to his comment about there being no excuse for people not turning up - why was there any need for that? The only thing I can think of is that he feels he has to criticise other supporters about something in every post he makes.
    He's certainly a strange one. Like you said, an idiot. I haven't worked out yet whether he does deliberately try and wind people up or not.