+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pathetic stewards

Angry Pathetic stewards

We must have the most horrible, boorish,humourless robotic bunch of stewards in the country.
    Last week at the Reading game a female steward told off Bartley Bluebird, and a mother & son taking a selfie for standing in the aisle.
    Then today, behind the family stand where the velcro dartboard is (they kick velcro footballs at it) they was no one supervising like normal so a group of kids were having a kick about, just having a laugh. What happens a steward (another woman) took the balls away.

Have these people ever had fun?

Are they like this at other grounds?

I hate them with a passion.

Re: Pathetic stewards

Quote Originally Posted by Llanishen_Blue View Post
    You need to get a sense of perspective. The incidents you cite aren't reason to hate Cardiff City stewards

We must have the most horrible, boorish,humourless robotic bunch of stewards in the country.
    Last week at the Reading game a female steward told off Bartley Bluebird, and a mother & son taking a selfie for standing in the aisle.
    Then today, behind the family stand where the velcro dartboard is (they kick velcro footballs at it) they was no one supervising like normal so a group of kids were having a kick about, just having a laugh. What happens a steward (another woman) took the balls away.

I reserve my hate for murderers, people who mug and defraud mug old people and those who abuse children etc. Each to their own though.

The reason that they were told off was that they were blocking an aisle.

The reason the kids had the balls taken off them was that someone could have got hurt.

It's health and safety. And it seems you have more of an issue that the two stewards were women than anything else.

I've always found our stewards to be quality. Our group have had good craic with them loads over the years.

First Team light up the darkness's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Allez Allez Allez View Post
    The reason that they were told off was that they were blocking an aisle.

The reason the kids had the balls taken off them was that someone could have got hurt.

It's health and safety. And it seems you have more of an issue that the two stewards were women than anything else.

Please tell us you’re not being serious and that the OPs underlying concern has by passed you

Quote Originally Posted by B. Oddie View Post
    I've always found our stewards to be quality. Our group have had good craic with them loads over the years.
    Same here 117 ninian they are very good.

Never had an issue with a steward, quite the opposite. A few have complained over the years of them being heavy-handed, never seen this at home myself and I've been going for 50 years

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    I reserve my hate for murderers, people who mug and defraud mug old people and those who abuse children and especially those who live in the suburbs of Cardiff etc. Each to their own though.
    FIFU

Quote Originally Posted by jeepster View Post
    Same here 117 ninian they are very good.
    Yep - endorsed.
    Had a text from a female steward yesterday asking if I was OK, "Really missing you, hon", "PLEASE reply" etc.

Quote Originally Posted by light up the darkness View Post
    Please tell us you’re not being serious and that the OPs underlying concern has by passed you
    The stewards are there to do a job. They go through training. I'd assume there is a good reason for not blocking up an aisle, and for notletting kids kick balls around a stadium unsupervised. I fail to see what the OPs underlying concern is, other than his apparent fixation with the gender of the steward that did her job to the letter.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclops View Post
    FIFU
    I had to look that up: Financial Institution Fraud Unit

I remember years back going up to watch us at Oldham (the day we thumped them 7-1!)
    I only decided last minute to go up and hadn't bought a ticket. I must have got there early just as they opened the ground,.I always love that feeling when you go to a ground for the first time , walk up the steps and take in the view . I did that at Oldham. I was the only person in the whole end, when a steward came over and asked me to move as I couldn't stand in the aisle for health and safety reasons.
    I laughed and asked him who I was making it dangerous for, only to be told if I carried on with that attitude he'd eject me from the ground.
    I went back down behind the stand, got my ticket stamped and found a pub for an hour instead. Came back for kick off and enjoyed the Andy Campbell show even more just for that turd of a steward.

Quote Originally Posted by RichardM View Post
    You need to get a sense of perspective. The incidents you cite aren't reason to hate Cardiff City stewards
    Not an easy job , and not that well paid either ,they suffer from avjng to cope with, buffons,drunks,weather etc ,etc ,praise the steward I say

Not having a go at the stewards per say
    But can someone explain the open coat policy?
    What does it achieve apart from pissing people off in the cold and wet?
    I mean if i was sneaking a pop bottle with a top on it or worse I'd hide it around the back of my coat.

Quote Originally Posted by insider View Post
    I mean if i was sneaking a pop bottle with a top on it or worse I'd hide it around the back of my coat.
    Agreed.

Stewards were brilliant in the Canton a few seasons ago , a couple of lads from Plymouth, up for the boxing , were really making a pain of themselves singing Plymouth songs , smoking etc , it went on for about ten minutes , a few valleys lads turned round to them and told em to shut it , they were even singing millwall songs , who we were playing , I turned round to them and said if you carry on somebody is going to give you a kicking , then all of a sudden four stewards turned up , grabbed em both and marched them down the stairs into the refreshments area , where I heard they were arrested for being drunk at a sports ground , stewards basically saved their arse that day from a kicking

Hate them with a passion? Both of these are reasonable.

You can't stand in the aisles as it blocks the way, especially if one person is in a giant novelty costume. If you went to the fair and there was a stall unattended, would you just go in and have a laugh? Of course you wouldn't, but if you did you'd half expect a bollocking.

Quote Originally Posted by insider View Post
    It's because suicide bombers are urged by their superiors to wear wear their bombs strapped to their chests. It's a fashion statement.

The Stewards at Charlton take a lot of beating in the worst Stewards category.

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Monk View Post
    The Stewards at Charlton take a lot of beating in the worst Stewards category.
    Bolton were pricks ,best Bournmouth

I’ve never had an issue with any of our stewards, in fact you can have a laugh with them, especially Ravanelli

The OP got a but angry with the stewards, and not because of the gender of the stewards. The kids were playing there for quite a while, unattended and being watched by stewards until a senior(?) steward cam along and spoiled their fun. oof these people do get a false sense of importance and power when they don a uniform (or event a hi vis jacket).

I see I've caused a bit of a stir on here.
    Perhaps hate was a bit strong but I certainly dislike them and no my issue is not with women, they were just my examples. The male stewards are far worse in my opinion.
    I just think they over exceed their authority and have a high opinion of themselves, perhaps it's being in uniform.
    There was a good point about the coats being opened which is quite annoying in the bad weather.
    Undoubtedly there are a lot of them that are OK. There are just a few which are up their own arse.
    I also think this is only since we moved to the new stadium.

The ones in the Canton are fine in my experience