+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Joe Bennet off at halftime

Joe Bennet off at halftime

Was it an injury or just cos he won't tackle?

Re: Joe Bennet off at halftime

He was terrible. Worst game I’ve seen him play for us. Didn’t appear injured proper to half time

He's not good enough, offensively or defensively.

He drives me mad, he just won't put in a tackle. He is the classic example of a player who knows he'll start every game as there is no competition for his place. I thought Bagan played well in his position against Reading, maybe Joe should have gone on loan to Notts County instead 😂
    Last edited by tomcat; 15-02-20 at 21:22. Reason: Typo

oh bore off, he was injured and is consistently a quality championship left back

It's strange why Harris brought on Bacuna instead of Sanderson. Why bother signing two fullbacks in the window if you then fill in with midfielders🤔

Quote Originally Posted by Madassa View Post
    It's strange why Harris brought on Bacuna instead of Sanderson. Why bother signing two fullbacks in the window if you then fill in with midfielders🤔
    A very good point.

Said this at the time, hardly a ringing endorsement of Sanderson!

Thought that too. Maybe it was because we were a goal down so he went with what he knew/safer bet

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    Looks like Sanderson has been brought in to be injury cover only, which probably tells us what they think of Coxe.

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    oh bore off, he was injured and is consistently a quality championship left back
    But won't tackle 🤷

I'd sell him in the summer, Cunningham will be fit by then and we seem to have adequate/better cover already. He does the same as Andrew Taylor, backs off and is often caught out of position

Quote Originally Posted by tomcat View Post
    I'd sell him in the summer, Cunningham will be fit by then and we seem to have adequate/better cover already. He does the same as Andrew Taylor, backs off and is often caught out of position
    Cunningham, who Bennett kept out of the team the entire season in the Premier League and who Warnock shipped out at the start of this season.

Also, Taylor was great.

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox;504875j4
    Cunningham, who Bennett kept out of the team the entire season in the Premier League and who Warnock shipped out at the start of this season.

Also, Taylor was great.
    Give Harris another window and Bennett will be gone.
    There are none so blind...

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    Think that’s doing a disservice to Bacuna who I think is pretty dependable

Whether he was injured or not I don’t think anyone was gutted to see him subbed

It's no coincidence, that whoever the opposition is, they inevitably target our left. Bennett is a liability, he backs off all the time and is so often caught way out of position. Hopefully, we'll get an adequate replacement in the Summer.

Quote Originally Posted by LeningradCowboy View Post
    Looks like Sanderson has been brought in to be injury cover only, which probably tells us what they think of Coxe.
    There must be a logical reason why he made that switch, my first thoughts were that we've made two positional changes and disrupted partnerships, Richards and Albert etc when only one change was required?

Murphy going off as well seemed odd when Albert had run out of steam, overall given the conditions and points return of 7 out of 9 it was a good week.

Quote Originally Posted by Rock_Flock_of_Five View Post
    It's no coincidence, that whoever the opposition is, they inevitably target our left. Bennett is a liability, he backs off all the time and is so often caught way out of position. Hopefully, we'll get an adequate replacement in the Summer.
    Absolutely spot on, the first role of a defender is to defend, he can neither tackle nor block a cross adequately. And Andrew Taylor was shite.
    Last edited by tomcat; 16-02-20 at 09:46. Reason: Typo

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    Whether he was injured or not I don’t think anyone was gutted to see him subbed
    Not happy, no left back on the bench.

Whatever his performance in the first 45 may have been he's easily one of the best in his position in the league.

Quote Originally Posted by Trigger View Post

Whatever his performance in the first 45 may have been he's easily one of the best in his position in the league.
    Is this a wind up or do you genuinely believe that?

Quote Originally Posted by Trigger View Post

He's a fullback that won't tackle though?

The mystery deepens. 'Neither tactical nor injury'
    https://twitter.com/CardiffCityLive/...872289793?s=19

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Gillis View Post
    Is this a wind up or do you genuinely believe that?
    I think he is, from what I've seen of the division. Granted I'm not watching every clubs matches every week.

Overall he has been a classy lb for us, decent technically, decent going forward. Competent defensively. Much better doesn't stay in the championship.

When quizzed on whether Bennett's substitution was tactical or owing to injury, Harris replied: "Neither.

"I took him off because I'm a manager and I make strong decisions."

That is an uncharacteristically curt reply which possibly raised more questions than it answered.

When pressed further on the decision, Harris' response potentially points to something which might have happened in the dressing room during the break.

"Sometimes you just have to make decisions at stages in games or moments in changing rooms and I decided to take Joe off at half-time."

Before a follow-up question was asked, Harris stood up and walked out of the press conference.