+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bamba - has his ship sailed?

Bamba - has his ship sailed?

Great servant, talismanic player but surely his injury means we'll only see him as injury cover for the rest of the season?

Re: Bamba - has his ship sailed?

Sentiment aside he should never have been given a contract extension

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Disagree, I think he is a great character to have around the training pitch/dressing room. Hard to find players with his commitment and passion these days.

Spot on.

I was a big fan of Warnock , whilst I believe you were not. However as time goes on It’s clear he had his favourites and gave very little consideration to those who he fell out with. Vaulks as a prime example.

Quote Originally Posted by mbatte View Post
    Disagree, I think he is a great character to have around the training pitch/dressing room. Hard to find players with his commitment and passion these days.
    I am eager to learn how you know about his character ?

It has been stated on here he should have a coaching role , even manager, what are these thoughts based on?

For once you may be right. I guess he was kept on as cover? Maybe cheaper than buying another player .

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy the Jock View Post

It has been stated on here he should have a coaching role , even manager, what are these thoughts based on?
    Based on him being vocal on the pitch and outwardly showing an enthusiasm when playing the game. It's a bit of a cliche.

If my memory is correct, they started following his appearance on Sky where he demonstrated ability to have a considered opinion and communicate it effectively.

I think he should start coaching and follow Sir Neil to another club if he takes one.
    I don't think he's appreciated in the current set up.

Quote Originally Posted by surge View Post
    If my memory is correct, they started following his appearance on Sky where he demonstrated ability to have a considered opinion and communicate it effectively.
    Thats a reasonable start.

I havent seen that , where when is it on ?

Quote Originally Posted by RonnieBird View Post
    I think he should start coaching and follow Sir Neil to another club if he takes one.
    No ,I dont appreciate him .

Thats a reasonable start.

I havent seen that , where when is it on ?
    Think it may have been this one about racism: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OupcCivCmrI

He's been a great servant, but I doubt he will be offered anything when his contract ends, along with Hoilett, Richards and Connolly gone at the end of the season, personally I like to see him stay in some capacity but Harris will want to stamp his own Mark down.

Wasn’t Bamba assisting Andy Legg with the Under-23’s pre-season while he was recovering from his injury? Maybe it comes from that.

I’ve got no real opinion on the subject. Bamba is clearly a big personality but he was very much Warnock’s man and doesn’t seem to be in the new manager’s plans.

Quote Originally Posted by surge View Post
    Was it this ?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I9kj...has_verified=1

Comes across as a decent bloke and as you said he has the ability to orate well.
    Doing his badges as well.

Unless you were going to utilise his renowned people skills later on ??.

I think club stuffers from not having enough ex players of influence and skill stay on in some capacity for others to learn from .

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    Wasn’t Bamba assisting Andy Legg with the Under-23’s pre-season while he was recovering from his injury? Maybe it comes from that.

I’ve got no real opinion on the subject. Bamba is clearly a big personality but he was very much Warnock’s man and doesn’t seem to be in the new manager’s plans.
    In fairness, the performances he's shown since coming back from injury have dictated how much he's in Harris's plans. The injury he had at his stage in his career was likely to have an adverse effect on his game, from what I'd read and heard.

I saw him in Cardiff centre last week, and spoke to him, asking why he only had an hour or so to get to Huddersfield! He just said he wasn't in the squad, but seemed resigned to that fact. I don't think we'll see him play for us again.

I do believe he could be a massive influence in the dressing room, or even as a coach with the junior teams. Not sure if he has got coaching badges but I am sure he is a chap with a bright future after his playing days. He is contracted to us until the end of next season, but I wouldn't be surprised if Harris trees to offload him this summer. He has given us three good years as a player .

Must be thinking of a job as a " player coach " pretty sure he is doing his coaching badges

just saw J t J has mentioned his badges

You’re right, I don’t think he is. Which is hardly surprising as I don’t think NW is either. Too much of a reminder of some aspects of a period they’d rather forget ?

Assuming you don't have any personal contact with Bamba, why do you think Bamba isn't appreciated? Is it his lack of playing time, which asks the question of what makes you think he deserves more playing time given his performances this season? Maybe it's for another reason which I'm interested in hearing.

Based on what we've read since he left, Neil Warnock wants to stay in management a little longer, so, is anyone else surprised he hasn't got a job yet?

He too old, too slow and too mistake prone. He has a lot of heart and always gives 100% but the way he plays he just not sustainable. As mentioned earlier, should NEVER have been given a 2 year extension.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Based on what we've read since he left, Neil Warnock wants to stay in management a little longer, so, is anyone else surprised he hasn't got a job yet?
    Not really. I can't see a side chasing promotion going for him. He could possibly be brought in for a club trying to avoid relegation. But short-termism seems (wisely, in my opinion) unfashionable these days.