Quote Originally Posted by PontBlue View Post
People are placed on a pedestal by these shows which then makes them a target for social media trolls who are worked into a frenzy by elements of the media and vile people like Katie Hopkins.

There a a variety of contributing factors but reality TV is putting unprepared and often vulnerable people in a spotlight.
But she was a presenter and had been doing TV for 20 years. It's such a lazy observation to blame reality TV and link it to the two Love Island contestants who killed themselves after the show in previous years. The situations are different, the two victims were pushed into a new world which they couldn't handle, Caroline had been part of that lifestyle for 2 decades.

People are forgetting the abuse charges that she was facing and instead blaming the media. While I'm sure the negative press from the Sun didn't help, neither did her finding out CPS were going to press charges against her despite her boyfriend asking to drop the charges (she found out hours before her suicide apparently).

I'm sad for her family, but she wasn't a victim of the press, she was abuser who was on the verge of losing her career because she battered her boyfriend with a lamp as he slept. I hate to be that person but if it was a man who had done that to a woman, there would be zero sympathy and finger pointing.