+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Caroline Flack

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Heisenberg

Re: Caroline Flack

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebina View Post
    True I expect a lot of people had undiagnosed depression many years ago, and there was possibly even less help then?
    Not just depression. Think of all of the other mental illnesses that would have gone undiagnosed.

People were just called 'nuts' or 'crazy' even 30/40 years ago and that was normality for that time. I remember growing up and knowing of certain people to avoid in my home town that, with hindsight, obviously had undiagnosed mental health issues but were seemingly treated as social pariahs instead of being supported to get help (that may have not even existed).

Re: Caroline Flack

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    Not just depression. Think of all of the other mental illnesses that would have gone undiagnosed.

People were just called 'nuts' or 'crazy' even 30/40 years ago and that was normality for that time. I remember growing up and knowing of certain people to avoid in my home town that, with hindsight, obviously had undiagnosed mental health issues but were seemingly treated as social pariahs instead of being supported to get help (that may have not even existed).
    True what you say, but i'd add that because of a lack of knowledge, people were more forgiving and accepting when i was growing up. I knew plenty of people who did some very odd stuff or who reacted badly in certain situations or who just couldn't cope at times, but because we didn't have the knowledge and exposure that exists today these people were just accepted for what they were and allowed for. Im not saying that was the case on every occasion, there was plenty of bullying going on, it was just more open as we didn't have the internet and because of that it could be regulated easier by people around them.

I do feel sorry for the younger generation, when i was growing up everyone was skint, parents out of work at times and really struggling to get by, people didn't have a pot to piss in where i grew up. It wasn't great at times, rent man banging the door while we hid upstairs, but i'd say that was half of my estate. I wasn't easy although it was a great leveller, nobody could pretend to be something that they weren't and if you acted like a **** you were sorted out. I'm thankful for my childhood.