+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Caroline Flack

Re: Caroline Flack

Shows such as Love Island and it's ilk need to be axed because they pray on certain personality types to go on those shows. Anyone who watches these shows perpetuates the hurt they can do.

Mental illness is a serious problem and despite all the media attention on it recently there is still a massive stigma about it and a shocking lack of investment and support in mental health services

The average wait for 6 sessions of basic counselling at most gp services is 6 months !

Imagine going to your doctor with a broken ankle , a far less serious illness than clinical depression ....and being told oh we can help but its 6 months ! Feck me if you break your ankle you are in and out of hospital in two or three days

The funding from the public for cancer , heart disease , children's health dwarfs that given to mental health and the HHS is the same , mental health funding is bottom of the pile

It seems in this case substance misuse complicated this person's treatment but mental ill health and drinking or drug taking go hand in hand

As for lifestyle changes like healthy eating and exercise they are of course part of an overall treatment plan but if there are no therapists , nurses or psychiatrists to back this up then its pissing in the wind

A holistic approach to mental health treatment is what is required and we simply dont have that at the moment

It's either poor treatment in the community or hospitalization

I told my psychiatrist a few years ago that if I was discharged from her care I would end back in hospital in weeks , she discharged me and I was back in llandough

If she had kept me under her care with a psychiatric nurse , support worker and community psychiatric nurse I wouldnt have had to go through the horrific ordeal of a month in a mental hospital with some seriously disturbed patients

It is those patients who require intensive hospital support , those of us who have lifelong battles with mental illness need care in the community with properly funded nursing and psychiatric support and , if needed , help to come of alcohol or drugs , if applicable

This lady had serious problems and in many serious cases people are unable to be saved , they are hard wired to self destruction but for most , even with severe mental health difficulties a better life can be attained

The problem is it takes money and as we live in a society where people want good services but are not prepared to pay for them through taxation , the rate of suicide and people falling through the net will continue

Quote Originally Posted by PontBlue View Post
    Shows such as Love Island and it's ilk need to be axed because they pray on certain personality types to go on those shows. Anyone who watches these shows perpetuates the hurt they can do.
    Big Brother was running for nearly 20 years- well before social media blew up. How many big brother contestants have killed themselves? If your pointing the finger- it needs to be at twitter/insta and all those other sites that give people the vehicle to facelessly dish out abuse and insults.

The issue is social media.

Quote Originally Posted by stevebrickman View Post
    Big Brother was running for nearly 20 years- well before social media blew up. How many big brother contestants have killed themselves? If your pointing the finger- it needs to be at twitter/insta and all those other sites that give people the vehicle to facelessly dish out abuse and insults.

According to this (sorry it's The Scum), nearly 40 reality tv show contestants worldwide have committed suicide since 1986. I'd agree social media is a major factor, but they probably exacerbate each other.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/tvandshowbi...de-reality-tv/

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    I'm really pleased that you're feeling better, it must have been horrendous for you and your family to go through. You don't have to answer this, but did you make any changes to your lifestyle or did you carry on as normal and allow the medication to kick in? You said that you were having a quiet 10 minutes as suggested by the counsellor, isn't that a lifestyle change in order to make yourself feel better?

I know that medical professionals offer good advice on changing certain aspects of a persons life in order to combat Mental illness, things that can trigger a situation or make things worse. Obviously the medication has to kick in and a person needs to start feeling better before any changes take place. Once again, really pleased that you're feeling better.
    I stopped drinking for a while and went to the gym more, started running the roads, lost a bit of weight and so that helped me feel better about myself but it’s the medication that keeps my mind in order.

I come off the tablets too quickly Xmas 2018 and by April 2019 I was in a bad place mentally. I hadn’t slept more than a couple of hours a night for months and insomnia is an absolute mother ****er if you are not well. The thoughts circling the head at 3,4am are the worse. By the time I was getting up for work at 7am I was mentally exhausted. Took a while for the meds to kick in again, I thought I was never going to get better but they eventually kicked in and I was back in work after a month off.

Worked paid for 4 sessions with a counsellor at Mind because the NHS was a waste of time, but speaking from my own personal point of view the counsellor was another waste of time. Ex teacher who was topping up her retirement fund. Just telling me things I could look up online myself. Work offered to pay for another 4 sessions but I declined. She forgot an exercise sheet we were going to go through one week to teach me some CBD techniques. She was hopeless.

Thinking of tapering off the meds again as the tablet I take in the night, whilst giving me a tremendous deep sleep, I am constantly hungry on it and it’s known for weight gain. All the weight I’d lost running I put back on. Back in the gym this last month though so getting back into it and eating better. Still enjoy a few pints though.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    I stopped drinking for a while and went to the gym more, started running the roads, lost a bit of weight and so that helped me feel better about myself but it’s the medication that keeps my mind in order.

I come off the tablets too quickly Xmas 2018 and by April 2019 I was in a bad place mentally. I hadn’t slept more than a couple of hours a night for months and insomnia is an absolute mother ****er if you are not well. The thoughts circling the head at 3,4am are the worse. By the time I was getting up for work at 7am I was mentally exhausted. Took a while for the meds to kick in again, I thought I was never going to get better but they eventually kicked in and I was back in work after a month off.

Worked paid for 4 sessions with a counsellor at Mind because the NHS was a waste of time, but speaking from my own personal point of view the counsellor was another waste of time. Ex teacher who was topping up her retirement fund. Just telling me things I could look up online myself. Work offered to pay for another 4 sessions but I declined. She forgot an exercise sheet we were going to go through one week to teach me some CBD techniques. She was hopeless.

Thinking of tapering off the meds again as the tablet I take in the night, whilst giving me a tremendous deep sleep, I am constantly hungry on it and it’s known for weight gain. All the weight I’d lost running I put back on. Back in the gym this last month though so getting back into it and eating better. Still enjoy a few pints though.
    I take sertraline , antidepressant , mirtazapine can be helpful but can pile the pounds on

Lithium , mood stabilizer

Respiridone , anti anxiety

The insomnia is horrific , diet helps , exercise helps , stress management helps , keeping off the booze helps but if you are prone to anxiety and depression , if it hits hard you just have to ride it through

Does this forum count as social media? You may be using your real name but the majority of people here are faceless. Social media is a tool that brings out the best in some people, the worst in others but considering Piers Morgan will still be on TV tomorrow dishing out abuse and dembethewarrior raised that they overhear comments daily that are unnecessarily unkind then to single out social media is reductive.

It was raised on twitter that this sort of story may be a trigger for other people going through a hard time. This tweet seemed quite good, in my opinion, at speaking to those who may be more vulnerable today:

Stay alive for the people you will become.
    You are more than a bad day or year.
    You are a future of multifarious possibility.
    You are another self at a point in future time, looking back in gratitude that this lost and former you held on.
    You are not just THIS you.
    Stay.
    https://twitter.com/matthaig1/status...76802782502919

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    I take sertraline , antidepressant , mirtazapine can be helpful but can pile the pounds on

The insomnia is horrific , diet helps , exercise helps , stress management helps , keeping off the booze helps but if you are prone to anxiety and depression , if it hits hard you just have to ride it through
    Olanzapine is a nasty one for weight gain , makes you hank marvin

No parent should have to bury their child.

Very sad.

RIP
    I had to bury my son just about a year ago so i know how it feels. But so far, not a mention about her family in the press. Even her death is being treated as a media event. Just more 'news' that can make headlines. All we are getting is how sad it is about her from the same press that vilified her.

Her family must be distraught enough as it is, without the media circus surrounding these events.

Quote Originally Posted by cardiff55 View Post
    I had to bury my son just about a year ago so i know how it feels. But so far, not a mention about her family in the press. Even her death is being treated as a media event. Just more 'news' that can make headlines. All we are getting is how sad it is about her from the same press that vilified her.

Her family must be distraught enough as it is, without the media circus surrounding these events.
    Shocking really isn't it , you take care mate

Quote Originally Posted by cardiff55 View Post

Sorry to hear that. I can’t begin to imagine how difficult that must be.

40mg of Citalopram in the morning and 15mg of Mirtazipine in the night.

I’ve taken Cit for years but the Mirt, **** me, bastard starving all the time mun. Went for a few beers yesterday afternoon and home for a Chinese. 2 hours later I got a pizza in the oven.

I’m going to try come off the Mirt first even though it’s a lovely sedating feeling and sleep.

40mg of Citalopram in the morning and 15mg of Mirtazipine in the night.

I’ve taken Cit for years but the Mirt, **** me, bastard starving all the time mun. Went for a few beers yesterday afternoon and home for a Chinese. 2 hours later I got a pizza in the oven.

I’m going to try come off the Mirt first even though it’s a lovely sedating feeling and sleep.
    Mirtzapine makes you sleepy and hungry

I wouldnt come off the citalopram at all if its helping you mate , think of it as insulin for a diabetic

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy the Jock View Post
    What she did was horrific. If a male had done that to a female there would be zero sympathy.

That said, I have just been reading about her and she obviously had on going mental health issues.Its a terrible conclusion. Poor girl.
    And the lies the issue perhaps ?? , has the CPS looked at this , high profile people ,its in the press ,if this was male we would be pressing charges , should be apply and even handed approach to this incident ?

My understanding the CPS has to carefully study all aspects of the case before it becomes a charge ,so what really happened ?? In this situation ,there was a good reason the police were called and responded ,dont think they do for every domestic .

I would advise anyone wanting to be a celebrity to prepare for a tough skin , or seek another career path , as it does seem that celebrities publicity is now totally driven by social media ,it either shock and awe, or look at me uploads ,at times its as if the whole life is lived through a smartphone as they upload every waking moment onto twitter and Instagram . I'm not saying this poor girl did that , but lets be fair these suggestive photo poses , pouting lip's and celebrity and open rows with their celebrity competitors and dissing their ex's are all over the social media everywhere ,its not just the media at fault it the pubic who blindly follow and comment who equally at fault in my opinion ?

I wonder about Katie Price these days as she looks like she is struggling??

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    And the lies the issue perhaps ?? , has the CPS looked at this , high profile people ,its in the press ,if this was male we would be pressing charges , should be apply and even handed approach to this incident ?

My understanding the CPS has to carefully study all aspects of the case before it becomes a charge ,so what really happened ?? In this situation ,there was a good reason the police were called and responded ,dont think they do for every domestic .
    Yes, she was facing trial for it.

Did you know you are only supposed to take lithium for a maximum of 6 years. A relative who was on it for over 20 years was recently told this. Presumably you are having regular blood tests to measure the lithium in your blood.

People are placed on a pedestal by these shows which then makes them a target for social media trolls who are worked into a frenzy by elements of the media and vile people like Katie Hopkins.

There a a variety of contributing factors but reality TV is putting unprepared and often vulnerable people in a spotlight.

Quote Originally Posted by Vindec View Post
    Did you know you are only supposed to take lithium for a maximum of 6 years. A relative who was on it for over 20 years was recently told this. Presumably you are having regular blood tests to measure the lithium in your blood.
    According to my psychiatrist that's generally when you are on a high dose for manic depressive illness or bipolar disorder

I am on a very low dose for anxiety and depression as it helps the anti depressant I am on be more effective

Even so I have to have blood tests every three months to check the level of lithium in my bloodstream as it can ruin your kidneys

I'd never heard of her until today.

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Monk View Post
    I'd never heard of her until today.
    Same here, my missus and her friends were talking about her last night in the pub and I assumed it was someone local that they vaguely knew who’d died. I’m asking “Who is she, where’d she live?” etc and they’re looking at me as if I’m daft. When it was explained what type of tv she was involved in, tv I’ve no clue about, I wasn’t too upset about being labelled daft. Sad for those close to her though.

Thankyou for sharing your experiences. Sounds like you've done brilliantly in such a short space of time. You should feel proud of yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by PontBlue View Post
    People are placed on a pedestal by these shows which then makes them a target for social media trolls who are worked into a frenzy by elements of the media and vile people like Katie Hopkins.

There a a variety of contributing factors but reality TV is putting unprepared and often vulnerable people in a spotlight.
    But she was a presenter and had been doing TV for 20 years. It's such a lazy observation to blame reality TV and link it to the two Love Island contestants who killed themselves after the show in previous years. The situations are different, the two victims were pushed into a new world which they couldn't handle, Caroline had been part of that lifestyle for 2 decades.

People are forgetting the abuse charges that she was facing and instead blaming the media. While I'm sure the negative press from the Sun didn't help, neither did her finding out CPS were going to press charges against her despite her boyfriend asking to drop the charges (she found out hours before her suicide apparently).

I'm sad for her family, but she wasn't a victim of the press, she was abuser who was on the verge of losing her career because she battered her boyfriend with a lamp as he slept. I hate to be that person but if it was a man who had done that to a woman, there would be zero sympathy and finger pointing.

Really sorry and all that but really...she had no morals.....went from one name to another......like a bicycle.

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    Well said Wilf.

Its a pity we or a high profile user of social media hasn't started a boycott of everything social media .

I'm sure we used to exist without it , that includes celebrities, footballers etc .

Just play the game or do the show and go home , close the door , and keep ones privacy to yourself .

Quote Originally Posted by Maurice Swan View Post
    Really sorry and all that but really...she had no morals.....went from one name to another......like a bicycle.
    I believe Lewis Burton’s highest ever tennis ranking is 626, 8 years ago.