+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Caroline Flack

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Caroline Flack

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Monk View Post
    I'd never heard of her until today.
    Same here, my missus and her friends were talking about her last night in the pub and I assumed it was someone local that they vaguely knew who’d died. I’m asking “Who is she, where’d she live?” etc and they’re looking at me as if I’m daft. When it was explained what type of tv she was involved in, tv I’ve no clue about, I wasn’t too upset about being labelled daft. Sad for those close to her though.

Re: Caroline Flack

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    Same here, my missus and her friends were talking about her last night in the pub and I assumed it was someone local that they vaguely knew who’d died. I’m asking “Who is she, where’d she live?” etc and they’re looking at me as if I’m daft. When it was explained what type of tv she was involved in, tv I’ve no clue about, I wasn’t too upset about being labelled daft. Sad for those close to her though.
    Take not having heard of the deceased as not being daft but as an unintended compliment.

'Bout five years ago I was roped into a pub quiz team with three others. One question was to identify as many of the 20 TV chefs whose faces appeared on a sheet of paper. I recognised two amongst them, Fanny Craddock and some limp-wristed herbert whose moniker escaped me. The others wrote in the names of 19 of them within a few minutes and were genuinely frustrated by their inability to recall the other's. I suspect they thought I was out of touch, or a bit dim, while I was thinking only those welded to their settees to view miles of useless crap would be so knowledgeable.