Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
No offence taken here.

You could even argue there is more to be stressed about nowadays? Was life a little slower then, out of a job in a Friday into a new one on a Monday, cheaper rent and bills, add in the pressures of the internet and the need to look and be your best at all times.

I don't think people are weaker, you could argue they are stronger in some ways.
I'm not sure if there is more to be stressed about these days and it wasn't always the case that a job could be left on a Friday and another one found on the Monday: people who have experiences a few recessions in the seventies and subsequently will confirm that, I'm sure. And although rents were possibly lower people didn't have luxury goods that are considered to be almost necessities these days, including cars.

Schlepping to work via a combination of Shanks's Pony and more than bus could be very time-consuming and many activities carried out by machinery and technology was more manual previously.

However, it's all relative and we have different expectations and pressures these days.