+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Caroline Flack

Re: Caroline Flack

Quote Originally Posted by PontBlue View Post
    Shows such as Love Island and it's ilk need to be axed because they pray on certain personality types to go on those shows. Anyone who watches these shows perpetuates the hurt they can do.
    Brilliant post , yes it does exploit the vulnerable, creates abuse and rudeness a desire to put someone down or embarass these gullible celebrities looking for thier fame , and allowing the public enjo seeing the pain or distress of others, you could say it creates an open season for trying to embarrass the wannabies just to feed the public comsumption.

Its the public that needs to look at itself , no demand no programmes.

Quote Originally Posted by surge View Post
    Does this forum count as social media? You may be using your real name but the majority of people here are faceless. Social media is a tool that brings out the best in some people, the worst in others but considering Piers Morgan will still be on TV tomorrow dishing out abuse and dembethewarrior raised that they overhear comments daily that are unnecessarily unkind then to single out social media is reductive.

It was raised on twitter that this sort of story may be a trigger for other people going through a hard time. This tweet seemed quite good, in my opinion, at speaking to those who may be more vulnerable today:
    In my opinion, the biggest single factor is social media (I do consider this site social media as well but it’s full of a bunch of old farts where this site is their primary involvement)

Living your life on line and potentially being judged for every picture or word requires some pretty strong mental fortitude and many people are just not equipped. It’s not the facelessness of it (as traceability isn’t difficult)... for me it’s the societal pressure to join in... I have 3 beautiful daughters but only 1 of them is not affected or impacted personally every day by something they see on one of the shitty platforms.

Quote Originally Posted by StraightOuttaCanton View Post
    In my opinion, the biggest single factor is social media (I do consider this site social media as well but it’s full of a bunch of old farts where this site is their primary involvement)

Living your life on line and potentially being judged for every picture or word requires some pretty strong mental fortitude and many people are just not equipped. It’s not the facelessness of it (as traceability isn’t difficult)... for me it’s the societal pressure to join in... I have 3 beautiful daughters but only 1 of them is not affected or impacted personally every day by something they see on one of the shitty platforms.
    Your right , great your girls have down well .

You do see young girls though walking to school staring into smartphones at their mirror image in case their make up or hair is not right , how did they get to this insecurity stage so young in life , is it peer pressure , where do parents fit into this ?? are they busy on social platforms , and it has became the norm ? .

Quote Originally Posted by Maurice Swan View Post
    Really sorry and all that but really...she had no morals.....went from one name to another......like a bicycle.
    Knew her personally did you?

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Knew her personally did you?
    It’s probably better to ignore people who post for negative affect .
    Faceless horrible people who need to post on social media to get their kicks .
    Where have we heard this before ?

Quote Originally Posted by Maurice Swan View Post
    Really sorry and all that but really...she had no morals.....went from one name to another......like a bicycle.
    So you have no sympathy for someone who committed suicide because they slept with people?

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    So you have no sympathy for someone who committed suicide because they slept with people?
    Guy sleeps around = lad
    Girl sleeps around = don't care if she dies

Seems to be it

Quote Originally Posted by Llandaff Blue View Post
    But she was a presenter and had been doing TV for 20 years. It's such a lazy observation to blame reality TV and link it to the two Love Island contestants who killed themselves after the show in previous years. The situations are different, the two victims were pushed into a new world which they couldn't handle, Caroline had been part of that lifestyle for 2 decades.

People are forgetting the abuse charges that she was facing and instead blaming the media. While I'm sure the negative press from the Sun didn't help, neither did her finding out CPS were going to press charges against her despite her boyfriend asking to drop the charges (she found out hours before her suicide apparently).

I'm sad for her family, but she wasn't a victim of the press, she was abuser who was on the verge of losing her career because she battered her boyfriend with a lamp as he slept. I hate to be that person but if it was a man who had done that to a woman, there would be zero sympathy and finger pointing.
    Totally agree. Probably the only grown up post on this thread..

Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post
    Totally agree. Probably the only grown up post on this thread..
    Did you read it? Because several other people made a similar point to the one you agree with and there’s also a serious discussion around mental health issues that posters have experienced.

International

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    "Mental illness is a problem that seems to follow some people around"

This is an unusual phrase. Would you describe any other illness as following some people around?
    Obsessive stalker(ing)??

I think people are trying to look for a black and white thing to blame in a situation that is lots of shades of grey.

She obviously had massive mental health issues; you don't kill yourself if you don't and you don't assault someone if you don't. That's not to say her assault shold be excused at all.

She was also a pretty famous person and was the sort of person tabloid newspapers always covered. Should they have not covered her assault charge? It definitely classes as news and they have every right to print it. Should they have hounded someone who was clearly mentally unstable as much as they did and then delete the stories after she killed herself?

It's a tragic situation where a young person has lost their life and who's family have now had their lives more or less ruined because of it.

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    Same here, my missus and her friends were talking about her last night in the pub and I assumed it was someone local that they vaguely knew who’d died. I’m asking “Who is she, where’d she live?” etc and they’re looking at me as if I’m daft. When it was explained what type of tv she was involved in, tv I’ve no clue about, I wasn’t too upset about being labelled daft. Sad for those close to her though.
    Take not having heard of the deceased as not being daft but as an unintended compliment.

'Bout five years ago I was roped into a pub quiz team with three others. One question was to identify as many of the 20 TV chefs whose faces appeared on a sheet of paper. I recognised two amongst them, Fanny Craddock and some limp-wristed herbert whose moniker escaped me. The others wrote in the names of 19 of them within a few minutes and were genuinely frustrated by their inability to recall the other's. I suspect they thought I was out of touch, or a bit dim, while I was thinking only those welded to their settees to view miles of useless crap would be so knowledgeable.

For the guys on anti depressants have you considered CBD?

Quote Originally Posted by Bald Barry Bastad View Post
    For the guys on anti depressants have you considered CBD?
    No , I find anti depressants helpful enough but I do know there is increasing evidence for the use of CBD oil

Quote Originally Posted by Organ Morgan. View Post
    Take not having heard of the deceased as not being daft but as an unintended compliment.

'Bout five years ago I was roped into a pub quiz team with three others. One question was to identify as many of the 20 TV chefs whose faces appeared on a sheet of paper. I recognised two amongst them, Fanny Craddock and some limp-wristed herbert whose moniker escaped me. The others wrote in the names of 19 of them within a few minutes and were genuinely frustrated by their inability to recall the other's. I suspect they thought I was out of touch, or a bit dim, while I was thinking only those welded to their settees to view miles of useless crap would be so knowledgeable.
    They’d probably say the same about someone who spends time curating a character on an Internet football forum though.

I don’t understand taking pride in not knowing who someone is. A weird kind of snobbery really isn’t it?

Ouch! One of your criticisms would have more credibility if your post count was lower than mine.

I haven't the foggiest idea of any records that are in the current UK top 20 for the same reason I had and have no interest in TV chefs. There's no pride attached.

It’s not a criticism of posting on ccmb, I don’t see a problem with it.

I’m just saying isn’t it weird to use people knowing something or liking something as a way of positioning yourself as superior? It’s not just you, loads of people seem to hold this attitude towards similar things, including football.

I'm the same as you two, never heard of the woman. Someone in the pub whom I don't know mentioned she died and like Splotty I wondered if she was local. However, when I saw her name posted on here I was intrigued to find out more. I can understand why I had never heard of her!

It’s not a criticism of posting on ccmb, I don’t see a problem with it.

I’m just saying isn’t it weird to use people knowing something or liking something as a way of positioning yourself as superior? It’s not just you, loads of people seem to hold this attitude towards similar things, including football.
    Oh, come off it. You place yourself on a high PC pedestal with regularity looking down your hooter at anyone who doesn't fit your narrow world view.

Oh, come off it. You place yourself on a high PC pedestal with regularity looking down your hooter at anyone who doesn't fit your narrow world view.
    Regular readers of the politics forum will be falling off their seats at this one

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    Regular readers of the politics forum will be falling off their seats at this one
    Ssh, don't alert boys over here to the Politics forum where more refined discourse can be had.

I don't think that's true but surely looking down your nose at someone for having an ignorant attitude towards other human beings is a much more valid reason than them having different hobbies to you.

It's not a criticism of you anyway, I've just always found the snobbishness around people enjoy popular things a bit weird. People have the same attitude about sport too. Let people enjoy what they enjoy it doesn't mean they're below anyone.

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    No , I find anti depressants helpful enough but I do know there is increasing evidence for the use of CBD oil
    I use CBD for pain but there are lots of people who have reduced their meds or off them altogether since using CBD. There's no side effects either. I've seen enough people change their life through CBD to make me think there must be something in it. Worth looking into if you're looking to reduce use of anti depressants. You never know. It may change your lives too.

They’d probably say the same about someone who spends time curating a character on an Internet football forum though.

I don’t understand taking pride in not knowing who someone is. A weird kind of snobbery really isn’t it?
    What you on about? ‘Taking pride’. If it was a similar scenario today and me and my lot were talking about Harry Gregg dying I would imagine my missus would react the same way as I did about Caroline Flack.

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    What you on about? ‘Taking pride’. If it was a similar scenario today and me and my lot were talking about Harry Gregg dying I would imagine my missus would react the same way as I did about Caroline Flack.
    I guess the question is, would your missus be on the internet telling everyone that she hasn't heard of Harry Gregg?