Quote Originally Posted by surge View Post
Does this forum count as social media? You may be using your real name but the majority of people here are faceless. Social media is a tool that brings out the best in some people, the worst in others but considering Piers Morgan will still be on TV tomorrow dishing out abuse and dembethewarrior raised that they overhear comments daily that are unnecessarily unkind then to single out social media is reductive.

It was raised on twitter that this sort of story may be a trigger for other people going through a hard time. This tweet seemed quite good, in my opinion, at speaking to those who may be more vulnerable today:
In my opinion, the biggest single factor is social media (I do consider this site social media as well but it’s full of a bunch of old farts where this site is their primary involvement)

Living your life on line and potentially being judged for every picture or word requires some pretty strong mental fortitude and many people are just not equipped. It’s not the facelessness of it (as traceability isn’t difficult)... for me it’s the societal pressure to join in... I have 3 beautiful daughters but only 1 of them is not affected or impacted personally every day by something they see on one of the shitty platforms.