+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Major incident declared in South Wales

Re: Major incident declared in South Wales

Quote Originally Posted by Nelsonca61 View Post
    I have a once a year pilgrimage to the Wonky Bar, a good honest no nonsense bar, and usually finish in the llanover, then legging it back to the station for the last train to the diff.
    Do you call in Chippy Lane when you’re back in the Diff

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post

Good Lord, no way, I'm not sure my daughter would have been too happy if I had named her Chippy Lane

Quote Originally Posted by Nelsonca61 View Post
    I have a once a year pilgrimage to the Wonky Bar, a good honest no nonsense bar, and usually finish in the llanover, then legging it back to the station for the last train to the diff.
    The wonky is great

Another Met Office Yellow weather warning's been issued for South Wales beginning 6pm Wednesday until 3pm Thursday. https://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/w...ellow-17761092

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    Just clearing up any confusion over what a diff is once and for all -
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Diff

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    The wonky is great
    Been confused by references to the Wonky as I had thought I'd supped everywhere in Pontypridd town centre. After some at google for info about a new grog shop I learn it's the Patriot Bar that I visited twice around three years ago. Both occasions were in the afternoon. It had no discernible atmosphere but was quite crowded. From my observations the clientele were 100% male split between pensioners and those between 50-65 who I assumed were ESA claimants malingering with the usual assortment of lower back pain and dodgy knees.

There's an almost identical place in Merthyr by the bus station called the Winchester Bar. I'm pretty sure it's out of the same brewery. Same demographic in there too with gloomy looking punters chatting shite.

Quote Originally Posted by Organ Morgan. View Post
    Been confused by references to the Wonky as I had thought I'd supped everywhere in Pontypridd town centre. After some at google for info about a new grog shop I learn it's the Patriot Bar that I visited twice around three years ago. Both occasions were in the afternoon. It had no discernible atmosphere but was quite crowded. From my observations the clientele were 100% male split between pensioners and those between 50-65 who I assumed were ESA claimants malingering with the usual assortment of lower back pain and dodgy knees.

There's an almost identical place in Merthyr by the bus station called the Winchester Bar. I'm pretty sure it's out of the same brewery. Same demographic in there too with gloomy looking punters chatting shite.
    You've ****ing nailed it

Although I'd say most are on a pension or popping in every single day after work.

One in aberdare as well. I like it, it's no frills, no judgement, do what you want and it opens early.

If you ever visit Merthyr and become thirsty try the VNU boozer just round the corner from the Winchester. That place has atmosphere and loads of characters. It also has the best jukebox I've ever come across. Every obscure record since the year dot I could think of was on it. Well, all bar one (that's below) which was ironic.

Quote Originally Posted by Organ Morgan. View Post
    If you ever visit Merthyr and become thirsty try the VNU boozer just round the corner from the Winchester. That place has atmosphere and loads of characters. It also has the best jukebox I've ever come across. Every obscure record since the year dot I could think of was on it. Well, all bar one (that's below) which was ironic.

Yeah bloke at work bangs on about venue all the time