+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Any fisherman out there ?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Any fisherman out there ?

I fish the Usk, Wye, Taff and a few rivers down west. The ogmore is about 1/2 mike from my house, might get the odd day ticket this season.

I fly fish only.

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    I used to do it all , coarse on the local ponds , on the taff and ely , trout fishing on the river ogmore and ewenny in bridgend and loads of sea fishing around the vale of glamorgan from barry to ogmore

But a few years ago I snapped my ankle ligaments and the days of trudging nets , rods , weights and tackle across pontcanna fields or down the beach over rocks and stones at llantwit are over

So I have joined my local river angling club and from march to September will be back into trout fishing again , less tackle to carry , always on the move , all good , apart from no fishing in the winter months , which was often the best time on the taff for roach , chub , dace and pike and in the sea for congers , Rays, bass etc

I am not much of a fly fisherman so will be spinning for the larger , predatory trout which have been caught to six pound in the local stream

Kayrdiff

Quote Originally Posted by @CCFCProgrammes View Post
    I fish the Usk, Wye, Taff and a few rivers down west. The ogmore is about 1/2 mike from my house, might get the odd day ticket this season.

I fly fish only.
    J R Hartley has a good book on the subject if you're interested. Getting hold of a copy is a bastard, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    J R Hartley has a good book on the subject if you're interested. Getting hold of a copy is a bastard, though.
    Just don't ask his daughter to help you find one. Useless.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    If you do find one they are major money ,over 50 quid...... for one..