+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Any fisherman out there ?

Any fisherman out there ?

I used to do it all , coarse on the local ponds , on the taff and ely , trout fishing on the river ogmore and ewenny in bridgend and loads of sea fishing around the vale of glamorgan from barry to ogmore

But a few years ago I snapped my ankle ligaments and the days of trudging nets , rods , weights and tackle across pontcanna fields or down the beach over rocks and stones at llantwit are over

So I have joined my local river angling club and from march to September will be back into trout fishing again , less tackle to carry , always on the move , all good , apart from no fishing in the winter months , which was often the best time on the taff for roach , chub , dace and pike and in the sea for congers , Rays, bass etc

I am not much of a fly fisherman so will be spinning for the larger , predatory trout which have been caught to six pound in the local stream

Kayrdiff

Re: Any fisherman out there ?

Fly fishing is my speciality

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Where do you fish ?

I used to fish with one simple pattern , a black and peacock dry and when it got wet , fished it just below the surface , never needed another pattern , except when the mayflys were on

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    Where do you fish ?

I used to fish with one simple pattern , a black and peacock dry and when it got wet , fished it just below the surface , never needed another pattern , except when the mayflys were on
    Whoosh!

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Whoosh!

Where do you fish ?

I was taking the piss mate cos of my username. Closest Ive got to fishing is watching that Paul Whitehouse and Bob Mortimer programme.

I did a mackerel trip out of Looe harbour a few years ago, just to see why fishing was so popular and if it was for me. Bored after about 10 minutes, but my tea that night was lovely.
    Never again.

I was taking the piss mate cos of my username. Closest Ive got to fishing is watching that Paul Whitehouse and Bob Mortimer programme.
    I did take a bit of a risk that you weren't actually into your fly fishing....

I did take a bit of a risk that you weren't actually into your fly fishing....
    It is possible that this was a successful whoosh attempt by Sludge which I wouldn’t put past him 🤣🤣🤣.... but he’s an honest chap and I’m sure he’ll tell us

Quote Originally Posted by StraightOuttaCanton View Post
    It is possible that this was a successful whoosh attempt by Sludge which I wouldn’t put past him ������.... but he’s an honest chap and I’m sure he’ll tell us
    Nah, he's had a leathering here!

I fish the Usk, Wye, Taff and a few rivers down west. The ogmore is about 1/2 mike from my house, might get the odd day ticket this season.

I fly fish only.

I used to do it all , coarse on the local ponds , on the taff and ely , trout fishing on the river ogmore and ewenny in bridgend and loads of sea fishing around the vale of glamorgan from barry to ogmore

But a few years ago I snapped my ankle ligaments and the days of trudging nets , rods , weights and tackle across pontcanna fields or down the beach over rocks and stones at llantwit are over

So I have joined my local river angling club and from march to September will be back into trout fishing again , less tackle to carry , always on the move , all good , apart from no fishing in the winter months , which was often the best time on the taff for roach , chub , dace and pike and in the sea for congers , Rays, bass etc

I am not much of a fly fisherman so will be spinning for the larger , predatory trout which have been caught to six pound in the local stream

Kayrdiff

Quote Originally Posted by @CCFCProgrammes View Post
    I fish the Usk, Wye, Taff and a few rivers down west. The ogmore is about 1/2 mike from my house, might get the odd day ticket this season.

I fly fish only.
    J R Hartley has a good book on the subject if you're interested. Getting hold of a copy is a bastard, though.

J R Hartley has a good book on the subject if you're interested. Getting hold of a copy is a bastard, though.
    Just PM him

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    Just PM him
    Nah, let your fingers do the walking.

International

Fecking brilliant. Crying laughing here

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    Fecking brilliant. Crying laughing here
    I have been mugged off here

Right on my manor

My lawyers are on to this

Quote Originally Posted by @CCFCProgrammes View Post

I fly fish only.
    I used to love fishing the ogmore as a kid , some very big eels in there too

Just don't ask his daughter to help you find one. Useless.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    Just don't ask his daughter to help you find one. Useless.
    Is his daughter a sort ?

If you're that good write a book

Is his daughter a sort ?
    Not as I recall. Not to my younger self anyway. Posh though.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    Not as I recall. Not to my younger self anyway. Posh though.
    That's no good to me , I have morals and standards

Only thing I ever caught off Penarth pier was fecking crabs. But that's another story.

Quote Originally Posted by jeremy corbyn View Post
    Only thing I ever caught off Penarth pier was fecking crabs. But that's another story.
    You wont catch many fish off there to be honest either

Is his daughter a sort ?
    I object!