+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Grealish

Grealish

Growing up a bit, less falling about and all the better for it. Should be in the England side.

Re: Grealish

Fantastic footballer who will thrive in a better team

I think he’s better than madison

Quote Originally Posted by BlueArmy 86 View Post
    I think he’s better than madison
    Yes I think he is better , think Utd see him as a better Fred and new the Keeno

Still think he's over rated - maybe it's because he thinks he's got to take more on at Villa than he would elsewhere, but I feel his decision making is poor.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Still think he's over rated - maybe it's because he thinks he's got to take more on at Villa than he would elsewhere, but I feel his decision making is poor.
    I agree with this. Big fish in a small pond.

It annoys me when I hear that ‘he’s the most fouled player’ in the league as if that underlines his qualities.

Top attacking players in history achieve greatness by finding a way past their opponents whether they try to foul them or not, and not by falling over at every touch.

First Team

I am unconvinced, as it stands.
    Undoubtedly talented but just seems to lack that extra something that would move him to the next level.
    Should he move on to a bigger club then that may be the trigger to his progression or he may just turn out to be the new Joe Cole.

Quote Originally Posted by Grangenders View Post
    It annoys me when I hear that ‘he’s the most fouled player’ in the league as if that underlines his qualities.

Top attacking players in history achieve greatness by finding a way past their opponents whether they try to foul them or not, and not by falling over at every touch.
    "Most fouled player" is such a disingenuous term, I can't believe any reputable publication would print it. "Wins the most fouls" is far more accurate.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    "Most fouled player" is such a disingenuous term, I can't believe any reputable publication would print it. "Wins the most fouls" is far more accurate.
    It means that he soils himself more than anyone else.

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    It means that he soils himself more than anyone else.

Quote Originally Posted by Majorblue View Post
    I am unconvinced, as it stands.
    Undoubtedly talented but just seems to lack that extra something that would move him to the next level.
    Should he move on to a bigger club then that may be the trigger to his progression or he may just turn out to be the new Joe Cole.
    Joe Cole who won 3 Premier Leagues with Chelsea?

Heisenberg

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Yes I think he is better , think Utd see him as a better Fred and new the Keeno
    A few things here that I'm surprised that nobody else has mentioned:

Grealish is nothing like Fred or Roy Keane in any way. 3 completely different players, actually.

Who other than a Man United fan would call Roy Keane 'Keeno'[sic]?!

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post

Grealish is nothing like Fred or Roy Keane in any way. 3 completely different players, actually.

Oh, he’s definitely a rags fan Tom, I called him out on it on the Man City thread, stuck out a mile with his ‘Man Shitty’ jibes. It’s eating at him that Manchester City are a better side than his beloved rags.

Heisenberg

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    Oh, he’s definitely a rags fan Tom, I called him out on it on the Man City thread, stuck out a mile with his ‘Man Shitty’ jibes. It’s eating at him that Manchester City are a better side than his beloved rags.
    I didn't see that thread, mate.

Not a surprise though. He's been posting positive things about them for years yet he hates "the Scousers"and "Man Shitty". Case closed, your honour.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Joe Cole who won 3 Premier Leagues with Chelsea?
    I've always Thought that Joe Cole would have been much more valued as a player were he playing today (or if he had gone abroad at an earlier age). English clubs at the time just didn't know what to do with a player like him , other than stick him on the wing.

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    I will admit to watching the Premiership over the years , my favoured watches back in the day ( not know ) were Spurs,Utd , Everton,I though every one called him keeno ??

I still have a long standing favoured watch though ,down the City in the wind , rain and misery dont like the current Premiership new and its bloody ,greedy footballers , agents dodgy owners .

If I was coming new to footy now I'd not probably not like it all and find another interest , its a very commercial greedy world .

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post

I read it and still haven't stopped laughing so have been unable to reply.

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    I will admit to watching the Premiership over the years , my favoured watches back in the day ( not know ) were Spurs,Utd , Everton,I though every one called him keeno ??

I still have a long standing favoured watch though ,down the City in the wind , rain and misery dont like the current Premiership new and its bloody ,greedy footballers , agents dodgy owners .

If I was coming new to footy now I'd not probably not like it all and find another interest , its a very commercial greedy world .
    Let the red shite go l.o.m. Even Nugent is using his old rag’s shirts for dusters now