+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Help with music question.

Help with music question.

Heard a track on Friday evening by Binary Finary. Took me back. I thought they were on the scene in the late 80’s, but after looking up google, seems they weren’t active till 97.
    Could’ve sworn I first heard them in late 80’s?

Re: Help with music question.

What's the question?

What's the name of the track?

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    What's the question?

What's the name of the track?
    Track was called 1999, but I always thought it was an updated remix of an earlier track called 1988

[QUOTE=William Treseder;5049052]Track was called 1999, but I always thought it was an updated remix https://youtu.be/LZD9LzZpdFI

Quote Originally Posted by William Treseder View Post
    Heard a track on Friday evening by Binary Finary. Took me back. I thought they were on the scene in the late 80’s, but after looking up google, seems they weren’t active till 97.
    Could’ve sworn I first heard them in late 80’s?
    Can only remember the sequential 1998 and 1999. The only reference I can find with regard music in the 80s and the word Binary on discogs is a track called "The Meaning" by a group called Binary, which never charted.

Track was called 1999, but I always thought it was an updated remix of an earlier track called 1988
    1998. Wasn't it remixed by Ayla?

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Can only remember the sequential 1998 and 1999. The only reference I can find with regard music in the 80s and the word Binary on discogs is a track called "The Meaning" by a group called Binary, which never charted.
    Cheers Eric. I would have put money on hearing them in the late 80’s.

1998. Wasn't it remixed by Ayla?
    Gouryella.

Cheers Eric. I would have put money on hearing them in the late 80’s.
    I had no idea, which is why I thought I'd have a look. None of the men behind BF did anything before, either, from what I can gather.

Sometimes dance music provides the odd "I didn't know that" moment. I only recently found out that Grant Nelson was behind rave outfit Wishdokta, while Les Hemstock (of Hemstock and Jennings) was the one behind Jive Bunny!!

I had no idea, which is why I thought I'd have a look. None of the men behind BF did anything before, either, from what I can gather.

Sometimes dance music provides the odd "I didn't know that" moment. I only recently found out that Grant Nelson was behind rave outfit Wishdokta, while Les Hemstock (of Hemstock and Jennings) was the one behind Jive Bunny!!
    Different genre, but I only found out the other day that Mark Knopflers “Brother's in Arms” was about the Falklands war, and the tile was something he’d heard his Dad say.

Gouryella.
    One of Ferry Corsten's aliases... 1998 was a belter of a track. I've got hundreds of trance records from that era, good times!