+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Harry Gregg , Busby Babe , Rest in peace

Harry Gregg , Busby Babe , Rest in peace

Never really recovered mentally from the Munich air disaster

Passed away today

Re: Harry Gregg , Busby Babe , Rest in peace

Absolute hero of a man , he walked back into that aircraft to rescue people, unbelievably was in the team that Sheffield Wednesday just 13 days after the Munich tragedy alongside another giant Bill Foulkes , imagine some of today's snow flakes doing that

On the news earlier he suffered for years after, riddled with guilt him surviving while others did not.

Absolute hero. RIP

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post
    On the news earlier he suffered for years after, riddled with guilt him surviving while others did not.

Absolute hero. RIP
    He clearly had post traumatic stress disorder the poor bastard

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Absolute hero of a man , he walked back into that aircraft to rescue people, unbelievably was in the team that Sheffield Wednesday just 13 days after the Munich tragedy alongside another giant Bill Foulkes , imagine some of today's snow flakes doing that
    I think sometimes people do things instinctively then suffer the consequences of fear and anxiety and flashbacks later on

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    You could have paid tribute to a great man without the necessity of the crap last line generalising a whole generation.

What a legend. Rest in peace Harry.

I remember reading that he was absolutely fearless when it came to diving at a forward's feet - maybe it was a consequence of what happened to him in the Munich air crash? Either way, a very brave man.

RIP.

A[QUOTE=life on mars;5049150]Absolute hero of a man , he walked back into that aircraft to rescue people, unbelievably was in the team that Sheffield Wednesday just 13 days after the Munich tragedy alongside another giant Bill Foulkes , imagine some of today's snow flakes doing that[/QUOTE
    The majority of footballers, by the very fact that they’ve made it in a cutthroat game, are tough as old boots, wouldn’t have thought there are many snowflakes. Harry Gregg was cut from the same cloth, one of the game’s giants, RIP.

Not often can a footballer be called a hero,but he was. RIP

I had the pleasure of meeting him and his family, along with being coached by him as a kid. Put the fear of god in to me as he was a giant of a man. If I ever dare to put my hands on my hips playing football now I immediately move them remembering Harry shouting “ you’re not a bloody teapot”!