+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Solicitors fees

Solicitors fees

How much generally am I looking at for an hours consultation on a civil matter

Re: Solicitors fees

If you discuss it here, it could be free advise.

Quote Originally Posted by Armitage Shanks View Post
    If you discuss it here, it could be free advise.
    To discuss legal issues on a social media platform would not be , in my opinion , very wise

I am after a ballpark figure for a solicitor consultation

Think some solicitors offer free 30 mins consultation if that’s any use.

Many solicitors offer a free initial consultation.

Phone and ask for a free consultation.

This place is also spot on, make an anon account https://www.reddit.com/r/LegalAdvice...m_source=share

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    Citizen Advise may hold some decent solicitors who they view would help in a way that doesn't hurt ones pocket , and can offer up those solicitors who are prepared to allow an hour or 30 minutes of free advise

Advice. Advice. Advice.

Quote Originally Posted by Baloo View Post
    Think some solicitors offer free 30 mins consultation if that’s any use.
    This ones going to take longer than 30 minutes lol

https://www.unbiased.co.uk/life/get-...solicitor-cost

Quote Originally Posted by Vindec View Post
    Many solicitors offer a free initial consultation.
    I had one and they suggested a mediation solicitor and said what I need will take an hour

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    Phone and ask for a free consultation.

This place is also spot on, make an anon account https://www.reddit.com/r/LegalAdvice...m_source=share
    Nice one

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Citizen Advise may hold some decent solicitors who they view would help in a way that doesn't hurt ones pocket , and can offer up those solicitors who are prepared to allow an hour or 30 minutes of free advise
    They couldn't help me and suggested a solicitor lol

Top lad

Usually 30 mins free as as been said...then around £150/hour thereafter.

Depending on what the issue is.....debt......??? there are very many forums out there that CAN help fight these issues well BEFORE a solicitor is needed.
    Also...does your House Insurance contain Legal advise cover??? Often available at a miminal extra cost. I used that route around 12 years ago in a case that I won.

They couldn't help me and suggested a solicitor lol
    Gosh , they used to be so helpful back in the day ,helped me out with personal bankruptcy and divorce, think they have lost their funding support ,and as Maurice states there so many forums and advise out there .

Quote Originally Posted by Maurice Swan View Post
    Usually 30 mins free as as been said...then around £150/hour thereafter.

Depending on what the issue is.....debt......??? there are very many forums out there that CAN help fight these issues well BEFORE a solicitor is needed.
    Also...does your House Insurance contain Legal advise cover??? Often available at a miminal extra cost. I used that route around 12 years ago in a case that I won.
    It's a family mediation issue , need a solicitor trained in family mediation , but 150 quid will be nothing in the grand scheme of things

Gosh , they used to be so helpful back in the day ,helped me out with personal bankruptcy and divorce, think they have lost their funding support ,and as Maurice states there so many forums and advise out there .
    I spoke to one of their legal advisers over the phone and he suggested either I go into one of the branches for a consultation or do what he would do and see a qualified solicitor

Nice one
    See all sorts of stuff on there, you may be able to get an answer, or at the least get a better understanding of the issue and you may get away with half hour then for a free consultation.

Don't know what this is about but have a look here:
    https://www.advicenow.org.uk/guides/...on-after-break

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    See all sorts of stuff on there, you may be able to get an answer, or at the least get a better understanding of the issue and you may get away with half hour then for a free consultation.
    Thank you

Quote Originally Posted by Maurice Swan View Post
    Don't know what this is about but have a look here:
    https://www.advicenow.org.uk/guides/...on-after-break
    Thank you

Thank you
    No problem. Good luck hope it's sorted.

Citizens Advice may be able to book a free initial consultation in their office with external solicitor but it's nothing you can't find yourself. As pointed out, there may be more you can do without needing a solicitor, although in this case that seems to have been checked.

How to find more affordable legal advice page here: https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/wa...le-legal-help/

The Law Society website to help find a list of solicitors here: https://www.lawsociety.org.uk/

Sorting out a will....£180 to £220 an hour, as a guide.