Quote Originally Posted by Lord Dargavel View Post
My coffee intake has remained the same. I have a coffee before I leave for work and I’ll then have a second coffee during the morning. I don’t really drink tea or coffee again during the day. I’ve been reading various smoking cessation websites and people do report feeling exhausted for some months so perhaps it’s quite a normal response. I just find it odd that I’ve not felt like this when I’ve quit before. Although this time feels more definite and a friend thinks that on some level my body may be aware of this and is trying every last trick. I don’t feel like smoking though so it isn’t a craving. But it does feel like a massive withdrawal for certain.
A bit of a long shot, but it could be a bit of mental exhaustion. When i gave up my main concern was not smoking, nothing else really mattered, i focused really hard on not smoking for most of the day, the evenings were the easiest for me as i was settling down. I can also recall feeling a bit down as it was something i had done between 10 and 20 times per day for a large portion of my life, all of a sudden it was gone and i couldn't really replace the feeling or the action. Smoking was a way of breaking up the day for me, it was the start and end of most things that i did. When this abruptly ended i didn't really know what to do with myself at times. It also is a stimulant (for a very short period of time) it could just be your body adjusting. I think that you're doing brilliantly.