Click here for Cardiff City personalised gift shop
Results 1 to 15 of 15

Thread: DJ and producer Andrew Weatherall dies

  1. #1

    DJ and producer Andrew Weatherall dies

    R.I.P Andrew, at the age of 56. Which is pretty young in this day and age

    Probably most famous for his production and remix work on Primal Scream's Screamadelica

    https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-51535685

  2. #2
    International
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Location
    Inside Your Head
    Posts
    16,989

    Re: DJ and producer Andrew Weatherall dies

    Fantastic album, RIP.

  3. #3

    Re: DJ and producer Andrew Weatherall dies

    No way saw him live many times over the years, highlight being a Monday night show in the welsh club around 1994. Only about 200 of us there but it was knockout stuff

  4. #4

    Re: DJ and producer Andrew Weatherall dies

    Screamadelica was/is awesome

  5. #5

    Re: DJ and producer Andrew Weatherall dies

    Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    No way saw him live many times over the years, highlight being a Monday night show in the welsh club around 1994. Only about 200 of us there but it was knockout stuff
    club ivor bach ? ? ?

    I remember the gig, not sure i went to it though

  6. #6

    Re: DJ and producer Andrew Weatherall dies

    He was a regular fixture at The Hip"pp club where I worked.
    At one stage it was either him or Kelvin Andrews playing alternative weekends towards the end of The Hippo clubs last months.

  7. #7

    Re: DJ and producer Andrew Weatherall dies

    Quote Originally Posted by uncle bob View Post
    He was a regular fixture at The Hip"pp club where I worked.
    At one stage it was either him or Kelvin Andrews playing alternative weekends towards the end of The Hippo clubs last months.
    indeed he was

    what did you used to do at the Hippo ? ? ? ?

  8. #8

    Re: DJ and producer Andrew Weatherall dies

    go on then

    what do we want to do ? ?



  9. #9

    Re: DJ and producer Andrew Weatherall dies

    Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    club ivor bach ? ? ?

    I remember the gig, not sure i went to it though
    Yeah....clwb. Seen him live so many times back in the day but that one stands out

  10. #10

    Re: DJ and producer Andrew Weatherall dies

    Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    indeed he was

    what did you used to do at the Hippo ? ? ? ?
    Mainly get off my tits and serve the wrong drinks behind the bar

  11. #11

    Re: DJ and producer Andrew Weatherall dies

    Very sad news, was quite shocked actually, as friends go regular to his 'A Love from Outer Space' nights here in London and was due to see him on Friday night.

    Screamadelica is a masterpiece, one of my favourite albums ever, his genius is all over it.

    RIP.

  12. #12

    Re: DJ and producer Andrew Weatherall dies

    Quote Originally Posted by uncle bob View Post
    Mainly get off my tits and serve the wrong drinks behind the bar
    Some belting nights in there.

    Next to The Bristol. Tony Malfatti sadly passed away just a few weeks back.

  13. #13

    Re: DJ and producer Andrew Weatherall dies

    Quote Originally Posted by uncle bob View Post
    Mainly get off my tits and serve the wrong drinks behind the bar
    The wrong change you used to give was the best......

  14. #14

    Re: DJ and producer Andrew Weatherall dies



    for me the the best

  15. #15

    Re: DJ and producer Andrew Weatherall dies

    Taken a back a bit when I heard. Stood behind him at a coffee shop years ago in London but didn’t know what to say or how to approach him - should’ve just said thank you.

    Been listening to some of the Boys Own-era stuff since hearing the news. Hope wherever he is he’s getting right on one matey...

    https://youtu.be/yOBn50HHbRs

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •