Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
He got 30mins on the weekend against a team who are one point off the bottom of the table and were already 3-0 down in the match and he hadn't played a single minute since coming on as a sub for the last half an hour in a dead-rubber against Lyon 7 games ago.

Isn't it just a bit of wishful thinking that he's suddenly going to be starting a Champions League knock-out game?

Not saying it's impossible but the evidence for him getting a start looks quite bare.
He's a bit wild in how he plays in my opinion. There's a good player in there, he has some great attributes but i feel that when ive seen him play that he does go for balls that he shouldn't. I compared his game to sol bamba in an earlier post, they're both the kind of players who like to defend on the front foot, it's a risky tactic but when it comes off it looks brilliant. Rio Ferdinand and Sol Campbell were world class at playing that way. It also has it's risks, especially against better players who can make you look like a fool.

He really needs to be playing, he's still very young mentally,but physically he's very mature. If someone could get hold of him and maybe calm his game down a little then i reckon we'd be looking at a player. It's whether Ampadu has that ability to change is the question.