+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Ampadu to start against Spurs tomorrow in UCL?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Ampadu to start against Spurs tomorrow in UCL?

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    It's looking very likely if they play 3 at the back. What an opportunity that would be, but it is also a double edged sword being thrown into such a big game having had only limited playing time.
    I think that central defence would suit his style of play. He's a front foot defender, he likes to get in front of the player he's marking. He's very assertive when attacking the ball. He plays a bit like Sol Bamba, although with more composure.

Re: Ampadu to start against Spurs tomorrow in UCL?

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    I think that central defence would suit his style of play. He's a front foot defender, he likes to get in front of the player he's marking. He's very assertive when attacking the ball. He plays a bit like Sol Bamba, although with more composure.
    He did well on the weekend playing in the middle of a back three, but he only had 30 mins. It could have been a trial run for tomorrow. I'd like to see Wales try him there too before the Euro Finals, as it's a good option to have in a tournament, especially when you have a versatile player in the team who can drop back into defence if required.