+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Forever tired , I think it's down to my diet.

Re: Forever tired , I think it's down to my diet.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    Try the ketogenic diet. Less food, more energy and it can prevent type 2 diabetes. Maybe quit drinking for a while too.
    This. Its not easy to get into and hard to follow, but the fat falls off and you feel much more energised

Quote Originally Posted by Optimistic Nick View Post
    This. Its not easy to get into and hard to follow, but the fat falls off and you feel much more energised
    I'm not really fat I'm just really bit living healthily.

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    I'm not really fat I'm just really bit living healthily.
    Still worth looking at. Google thomas delauer who does lots of youtube vids on it- hes not fat either! There are benefits outside of weight loss. My BMI was 25 when i started so not overweight, but losing some fat (not muscle) and a huge increase in my energy has been noticeable.

Quote Originally Posted by Optimistic Nick View Post
    Still worth looking at. Google thomas delauer who does lots of youtube vids on it- hes not fat either! There are benefits outside of weight loss. My BMI was 25 when i started so not overweight, but losing some fat (not muscle) and a huge increase in my energy has been noticeable.
    Mines about that now, I remember watching Magic Pill and saying "I'm ****ing doing that" and I just haven't. Will look up that name, thanks.

First Team light up the darkness's Avatar

On the subject of NYCs suggestion about ketogenic
    I found a cook book for beginners on Reddit
    It’s a free download from Amazon

Link below

The Complete Ketogenic Snacks Cookbook For Beginners: 50 Delicious Low-Carb Keto Snacks Recipe Cookbook To Help You Lose Weight & Enjoy The Keto Lifestyle (Keto Series 3)
    by Amazon Media EU S.à r.l.
    Learn more: https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0843RSV..._pPLtEbKEH0MQZ

If the link doesn’t work Info on the book can be found on r/freeEbooks

Have you thought about going to the doctor and getting some blood work done? How old are you if you don't mind me asking?

If you do try the Keto route can I offer you the advice I wished I was given at the start.

1. Stick to the correct ratios of fat-> protein -> carbs. It will seem like a sickening amount of fat to eat but go with it.
    2. Calories still matter
    3. Don't bother with keto supplements / oils
    4. Use a free app like myplate to help work out steps 1 + 2
    5. Don't assume all meat has no carbs (sausages and cured meat can vary massively)

Other random things I couldn't have shed 25% of my body weight without: protein powder (as low carb /calorie milkshake), cauliflower rice, pickled onions, olives, pork scratchings, pepperami, sugar free jelly.

Quote Originally Posted by PhyllisStant View Post
    If you do try the Keto route can I offer you the advice I wished I was given at the start.

1. Stick to the correct ratios of fat-> protein -> carbs. It will seem like a sickening amount of fat to eat but go with it.
    2. Calories still matter
    3. Don't bother with keto supplements / oils
    4. Use a free app like myplate to help work out steps 1 + 2
    5. Don't assume all meat has no carbs (sausages and cured meat can vary massively)

Other random things I couldn't have shed 25% of my body weight without: protein powder (as low carb /calorie milkshake), cauliflower rice, pickled onions, olives, pork scratchings, pepperami, sugar free jelly.
    You forgot cheese. And instead of sausages, which can be full of bread and other carbs, use sausage meat. You can make an excellent gravy with sausage meat and cream cheese.