+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Is it now harder to come to the UK than it is to become a UK citizen?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Is it now harder to come to the UK than it is to become a UK citizen?

Quote Originally Posted by Nelsonca61 View Post
    Calling people thick, remember Hillary’s deplorables ?, isn’t the way to engage voters, I would suggest it has the opposite effect and just like in Merica produced a kick back from a big sector of the electorate . You have made the valid point of the level of subsidy from the EU to Wales, but, and importantly IMO, many people in Wales never saw the benefits of this EU subsidy, we have generations of youngsters in areas of Wales not used to the concept of work because there wasn’t anything suitable to replace the traditional industries when they were removed (and all whilst the UK was in the EU), instead of competing with the leave fairy tale stories on the side of busses etc. the remain camp should have went on the offensive with the positives, ramming home achievements, this should have been the easiest vote ever for the remain side to have won but they allowed themselves to get sucked into a dirty campaign and basically ended up just calling people thick and racist and never once considering why people felt left out during the prosperity of the EU, just perhaps it was the only way the left out of Wales and areas of the North could have any effect on changing destiny even if it wasn’t going to be for the better, they made the country hear them. And did they just!!!!. It was the people of Wales who decided, the people didn’t not want to be in the club %age, but the Welsh government’s during the period of EU legislation/rule etc. should be taking a long hard look at itself at how they managed to let the people of Wales to think that they would be better off outside, they made the decisions and allocated the money.
    Do you really think the EU has a bigger say in how we replace traditional industry than Westminster?

Re: Is it now harder to come to the UK than it is to become a UK citizen?

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    Do you really think the EU has a bigger say in how we replace traditional industry than Westminster?
    No I do not. I was thinking more on the lines of Cardiff and the people of Cardiff did O.K. remember we get everything!!, has the other areas of Wales done as well? and if not why not?, imagine growing up in a disadvantaged area, seeing the wonderful lives of everyone else but having jack shit yourself, after 20/30 years of being left behind what better way of putting your two fingers up to those with the posh house, a spare house to rent, and 3 foreign holidays a year, it was correctly stated by New York that Wales did very well from the EU dough, but I'm suggesting that not all of Wales benefitted from the dough and this could be an explanation as to why Wales voted to leave, it's just my alternative than calling people thick and racist. I really don't think that the majority are thick and racist but are generally totally fcked off with being left behind and watching the good life from the outside looking in, just look at all these celebrity programmes on TV with the glamour and good life, it's bound to have an affect on those who only have a pipe dream of this, resentment is a powerful tool and it's being given an opportunity to be used, Remain should have prevailed easily, as should have a Labour win at the previous election, poorer areas voted to leave and traditional Red areas voted Blue, there has been quite a shift over the world not just in the UK (like climate, things come and go in cycles) but labelling and name calling will only drive home the divide.
    Why did the Welsh government think it a good idea to leave Llanishen and not move outwards rather than inwards ?, would this have put more prosperity out of Cardiff and reduced central emissions as a Brucie bonus? I'm just a thick welder and don't understand these complicated business decisions.

Stand off Over