+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: FOLLOW UP TO BAILIFF INCIDENT

FOLLOW UP TO BAILIFF INCIDENT

Just to keep you fellas up to date: Walesonline /South wales echo/ daily Mirror interviewed us and took pics etc today for possible publication tomorrow.

Re: FOLLOW UP TO BAILIFF INCIDENT

Can't wait for your I'm a celeb appearance!

In seriousness, what has the company who sent the Bailiffs said since?

Quote Originally Posted by Mad as a fish View Post
    Just to keep you fellas up to date: Walesonline /South wales echo/ daily Mirror interviewed us and took pics etc today for possible publication tomorrow.
    Did you contact them off your own bat?

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    Can't wait for your I'm a celeb appearance!

In seriousness, what has the company who sent the Bailiffs said since?
    Croesy No not heard a word from them my friend

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    Did you contact them off your own bat?
    No mate they picked it up somehow else. Certainly not from me. (Power of the Bluebirds Forum maybe)

No mate they picked it up somehow else. Certainly not from me. (Power of the Bluebirds Forum maybe)
    Knew they’d get it from here hey

Whoosh!

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Soul '68 View Post
    Looks like a fair write-up, at least your story is in public domain now and you come out of it looking well reasoned in your actions.

Surely JR Hartley will issue an apology now. 😁😁

Quote Originally Posted by chris lee View Post
    Looks like a fair write-up, at least your story is in public domain now and you come out of it looking well reasoned in your actions.
    Company get mentioned a few times too, should lose some business out of it which is good.

Quote Originally Posted by William Treseder View Post
    Surely JR Hartley will issue an apology now. ����

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Cartman View Post
    Company get mentioned a few times too, should lose some business out of it which is good.
    I doubt if they will. They went to the address on the warrant and acted all heavy handed, which is what the people who employ them want them to do.

Shame the company concerned didn’t explain how they ended up in a house where the person they were thinking of arresting clearly didn’t live.
    WoL should have pushed this particular point.

Mad As A Fish - I'm concerned about you and your Mrs Mate.

Reason being is that you've said yourself how vulnerable you and your wife are and now that your ordeal is public, I worry that you might be an easy target (baseball bat at the ready, accepted!),

Although the article doesn't mention exactly where you live, it would be very easy to find your address using the information known.

Tell me to mind my own business by all means, but I would strongly suggest that you ask WoL to remove the article and go down the civil legal route instead.

Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post
    Shame the company concerned didn’t explain how they ended up in a house where the person they were thinking of arresting clearly didn’t live.
    WoL should have pushed this particular point.
    They did explain. They said "Mike Garland, director of Excel Civil Enforcement, said: “I can confirm that two of our officers attended an address in Govilon to execute a warrant for the arrest of an individual to deliver him to court.

“This address was the one provided on the warrant by the court."

It wasn't their fault the court ****ed up and got the wrong address on the warrant

Quote Originally Posted by RichardM View Post
    They did explain. They said "Mike Garland, director of Excel Civil Enforcement, said: “I can confirm that two of our officers attended an address in Govilon to execute a warrant for the arrest of an individual to deliver him to court.

“This address was the one provided on the warrant by the court."

It wasn't their fault the court ****ed up and got the wrong address on the warrant
    Bailiffs categorically have no powers of arrest whatsoever.

Quote Originally Posted by B. Oddie View Post
    Bailiffs categorically have no powers of arrest whatsoever.
    Correct. I thought April 1st had come early when reading Garland's remarks because they are pure bunkum.

Quote Originally Posted by B. Oddie View Post
    Mad As A Fish - I'm concerned about you and your Mrs Mate.

Reason being is that you've said yourself how vulnerable you and your wife are and now that your ordeal is public, I worry that you might be an easy target (baseball bat at the ready, accepted!),

Although the article doesn't mention exactly where you live, it would be very easy to find your address using the information known.

Tell me to mind my own business by all means, but I would strongly suggest that you ask WoL to remove the article and go down the civil legal route instead.
    My Oddie, Thanks for your concern, I sincerely mean that my friend, I am afraid we dont have the means or the knowledge to go down the civil route, its a bit of a day to day existence route at present. I have however taken the precaution of putting a couple of nails into the rounders bat.

Heisenberg

I'm disappointed that WOL asked you to pose with the baseball bat and you agreed to it. Very poor form by them and clearly taking advantage of you.

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    I'm disappointed that WOL asked you to pose with the baseball bat and you agreed to it. Very poor form by them and clearly taking advantage of you.
    Not a good decision by me I agree, I felt uncomfortable doing it to be honest. Hindsight is a wonderful thing though. No worse than the old fella who saw the mugger off putting his fists up I suppose.

Not a good decision by me I agree, I felt uncomfortable doing it to be honest. Hindsight is a wonderful thing though. No worse than the old fella who saw the mugger off putting his fists up I suppose.
    Maybe you and him could do a celebrity boxing match.

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    Maybe you and him could do a celebrity boxing match.
    As long as MaaF has is baseball bat I'd bet on him!

Quote Originally Posted by Toadstool View Post
    As long as MaaF has is baseball bat I'd bet on him!
    LMAO
    You better make it early though,we are both ready for bed at eight o clock.

LMAO
    You better make it early though,we are both ready for bed at eight o clock.