Thread: Spurs V RB Leipzig

Spurs V RB Leipzig

Ben Davies starts.

Re: Spurs V RB Leipzig

Ampadu starts for RB Leipzig.

Good to see. Not convinced he’s a centre back though. I like him in the CDM role. I don’t care about the occasional rash tackles. He will mature and he already knows how to look after himself.

Wow, what a start.

I haven't got the game, can we have updates on Amapdu please

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    Playing like a boss, just waiting for him to feck it up

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    https://www.vipleague.lc/1-tottenham...live-streaming

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    thanks mate

Leipzig play great football.

Enjoyed what I saw of the first half, was half watching it half doing other things, think I'll struggle to see much of the second as I'm already flaking.

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    Ben Davies starts.
    He made a very poor challenge for the penalty and subsequent goal!

Leipzig look light years ahead of Spurs. Tie looks pretty much over even though it's only 1 nil.

Jenus raving about Ampadu.

Ampadu was class. Middle of a back three. Clean sheet. Good passing. Cut a lot out. The kids hardly played. Bodes well for wales.

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post
    He made a very poor challenge for the penalty and subsequent goal!

Leipzig look light years ahead of Spurs. Tie looks pretty much over even though it's only 1 nil.

Jenus raving about Ampadu.
    Don't think the challenge was poor, what was he meant to do once in that situation? It's his second game back and Leipzig player had better technique than 99% of premier league to shift direction having beaten Davies to the ball.

Ampadu with key tackle right at the end while playing with cramp. Big moment in the match.

At 19 and only his 8th game of the season for them I thought he looked very assured.

Quote Originally Posted by surge View Post
    Don't think the challenge was poor, what was he meant to do once in that situation? It's his second game back and Leipzig player had better technique than 99% of premier league to shift direction having beaten Davies to the ball.

Ampadu with key tackle right at the end while playing with cramp. Big moment in the match.
    Davies was originally going for the ball with his left foot but realised he was going to get beaten to it and slung his right leg out.
    Agree he has been out a while and his positional sense reflected that.

Ampadu on the other hand, who also hasn't played much, was outstanding, especially that last ditch tackle whilst nursing cramp.

Spurs had a good last 10 minutes but with Kane and Son out, you've gotta think that's curtains for this season.

Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post
    Good to see. Not convinced he’s a centre back though. I like him in the CDM role. I don’t care about the occasional rash tackles. He will mature and he already knows how to look after himself.
    The ability to play with 3 at the back is a good option to have in the modern game, and it's good news for Wales that they have a playmaker who can operate in that position, especially with fullbacks such as Ben Davies, Connor Roberts and Neco Williams who like to get forward.

Went to it tonight with a mate from work who had a spare ticket, Amapadu didn't look out of place in such a high profile match, played like a seasoned vet. Leipzig should wipe the floor with Tottenham in the 2nd leg.

As a side note, I can't see a better stadium being built in this country for some time, quite the facility.

With the qualification that it was one thing to face that Spurs attack and another completely to come up against one featuring Kane and Son, I thought Ampadu was very good last night. Although it's never going to happen, he showed that having him as one of defensive three or as a sitting midfielder would go a long way towards completely transforming the way we play.

Quote Originally Posted by Der Kaiser View Post
    Went to it tonight with a mate from work who had a spare ticket, Amapadu didn't look out of place in such a high profile match, played like a seasoned vet. Leipzig should wipe the floor with Tottenham in the 2nd leg.

As a side note, I can't see a better stadium being built in this country for some time, quite the facility.
    What makes it stand apart?

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    With the qualification that it was one thing to face that Spurs attack and another completely to come up against one featuring Kane and Son, I thought Ampadu was very good last night. Although it's never going to happen, he showed that having him as one of defensive three or as a sitting midfielder would go a long way towards completely transforming the way we play.
    Don't forget what Lucas Moura did to an Ajax defence that included Matthijs de Ligt.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    What makes it stand apart?
    The built structure is firstly just something to behold, I've long stated for myself the New Meadowlands (your neck) was the best stadium I'd been too, but this topped it for me. Granted I was right at the back of the south stand, the huge single tier, which was very impressive in itself, the pitch didn't feel that far off unlike Wembley for example. The acoustics were very good, and the concourses were a far cry from anything I'd seen before. Somehow mastered the ability for it to be spacious but packed at the same time.

The magic pint taps were a nice novelty as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    Don't forget what Lucas Moura did to an Ajax defence that included Matthijs de Ligt.

In an attack which included Son.