+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Spurs V RB Leipzig

Re: Spurs V RB Leipzig

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    In an attack which included Son.
    Leipzig were just too good for Spurs, the Germans are currently on another level technically, and that includes Klopp who has taken it to an even higher level. Ampadu made a very good choice going to play under Nagelsmann for a year.

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    Leipzig were just too good for Spurs, the Germans are currently on another level technically, and that includes Klopp who has taken it to an even higher level. Ampadu made a very good choice going to play under Nagelsmann for a year.
    If he gets regular games, I agree.

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    If he gets regular games, I agree.
    Soon after Ampadu arrived, Nagelsmann said he had his good points and some bad points, but he would work with him and give him time to develop. Leipzig have got a lot of strength in depth in all positions, so it's not easy to shift their best players. I think it has been a good experience for him having to challenge older players who are technically very good, and he will be all the better for it. Also Leipzig have been on top of the Bundesliga most of the time, so naturally managers are reluctant to make changes when a team is doing well.

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    Soon after Ampadu arrived, Nagelsmann said he had his good points and some bad points, but he would work with him and give him time to develop. Leipzig have got a lot of strength in depth in all positions, so it's not easy to shift their best players. I think it has been a good experience for him having to challenge older players who are technically very good, and he will be all the better for it. Also Leipzig have been on top of the Bundesliga most of the time, so naturally managers are reluctant to make changes when a team is doing well.
    Not much different to at Chelsea then.

Not knocking your post here, but if he plays it will be worth it, if he just gets experience around the first team it won't be hugely different to what he got at Chelsea.

Not much different to at Chelsea then.

Not knocking your post here, but if he plays it will be worth it, if he just gets experience around the first team it won't be hugely different to what he got at Chelsea.
    True, but on balance I'd say he's getting better coaching under Nagelsmann, as besides being one of the world's best coaches, the whole RB setup is geared towards improving talented young players.

Micromanagement is a broad spectrum. At one end, there is the anal-retentive control freak without a modicum of faith in his or her workforce. At the other, there is the born leader that lives and dies by the 'no 'I' in team' adage. They can adapt, delegate and lend an empathetic ear; they are driven to succeed but not at the expense of morale. Figures of trust, not frustration.

Nagelsmann is firmly entrenched in the latter camp. He is liked and respected by his players, but not taken for granted. He is meticulous without being overbearing or pig-headed. Match preparation is reserved for the training ground, not at 1AM when the kids are grappling with the Bogeyman or in what for many is the pre-game pressure-cooker environment of the dressing room. That kind of relationship won’t cut it for the Leipzig strategist.

"I discuss the game plan two days before," Nagelsmann explained. "There are a lot of coaches who do it on the day of the game. That's not how I work, but I do say a few words from the heart after the warm-up, before we go out. Sometimes I tell a few anecdotes, but that's because I'm expected to do that kind of thing as a coach. There's actually not a lot more to say. The players know the game plan, they have stuff on the walls in the dressing room and animations on their mobile phones."

https://www.bundesliga.com/en/bundes...b-leipzig-9104

Last word 🙄

Last word ��
    Some more tactical stuff here

https://www.theguardian.com/football...-of-the-future

Cheers

*Thread Locked*