+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Midfield - which two from four?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Midfield - which two from four?

Quote Originally Posted by LeningradCowboy View Post
    Do we only have to pick two of them? How about a diamond formation with Pack at the base, Ralls and Vaulks in the middle, and Tomlin at the top?
    I've thought that well, but if Murphy keeps up his current form, he should be in from the start and Tomlin is our likely Player of the season. Nathan Blake often says he thinks Murphy could play down the middle, but him up front with Tomlin as a number ten or the pair of them as a front two is a leap too far I reckon!

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    I've thought that well, but if Murphy keeps up his current form, he should be in from the start and Tomlin is our likely Player of the season. Nathan Blake often says he thinks Murphy could play down the middle, but him up front with Tomlin as a number ten or the pair of them as a front two is a leap too far I reckon!
    It would be a 4-1-2-1-2 formation with Tomlin at the top of the diamond, so we could play Murphy and Paterson up front.

It would be a 4-1-2-1-2 formation with Tomlin at the top of the diamond, so we could play Murphy and Paterson up front.
    Course it would - sorry .

This. Mix & match forwards & wingers, supported by Ralls, Vaulks & Tomlin, with Pack staying at home. Basically 5-5

None of the 4 strikers playing and none of the wide men playing wide.

I wouldn't be against this but i do think our midfield is weak compared to others so the 2 options are don't use it or over crowd it.

I do think our current system is let down a bit as the wide men are almost not part of the midfield and should be tucked in a bit