+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Jimmy Page , Beautiful Guitar

Jimmy Page , Beautiful Guitar

https://youtu.be/kWbO9a1_Z3U

The opening chords of this song are why , in my opinion , jimmy page will go down as one of rock music's finest guitarists

Together with the rain song , this is spellbinding

Re: Jimmy Page , Beautiful Guitar

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post

The opening chords of this song are why , in my opinion , jimmy page will go down as one of rock music's finest guitarists

Put my BOSE Headphones on to listen to it, still not as good as the original vinyl but whatever.

Aaaah the 70's, nothing but beer, football and Rock n' Roll. Where did it all go wrong?

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Mansfield View Post
    Put my BOSE Headphones on to listen to it, still not as good as the original vinyl but whatever.

Aaaah the 70's, nothing but beer, football and Rock n' Roll. Where did it all go wrong?
    Thatcher

One of the best songs they ever did Sludgey, along with this one:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uHRdRVTDdP0

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Soul '68 View Post
    One of the best songs they ever did Sludgey, along with this one:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uHRdRVTDdP0
    Another belter

Jon paul jones on keyboards and bass pedals , and fantastic guitar

They were a band with no weaknesses.

Astonishing band .

Astonishing sound.

Astonishing era.

What went wrong bands, labels , promoters got greedy, political correctness kicked in , fans are now robbed blind to listen to music and enjoy a beer at a concert .

The incredible talent incredible in that era was unique , and we now have a variation or copying of thier sounds in the modern era , the countless cover bands speaks volumes , these artist are still outselling new artist with back catalogue material .

It was just a unique and very rare time in music .

Yup and versatility as in this Video
    Check out the lady vocals, stunning

Quote Originally Posted by Nelsonca61 View Post
    I love song

..Jummy the Paedo?

Quote Originally Posted by Nelsonca61 View Post
    Originally sung by the now departed sandy denny of fairport convention

Quote Originally Posted by kendoddsdadsdogsdead View Post
    ..Jummy the Paedo?
    You mean jimmy saville?

You mean jimmy saville?
    ...no..jimmy paedo page

...no..jimmy paedo page
    I know he and page were notorious for their young groupie following but I dont think hes a child sex offender is he ?

where's the line?..

Although he comes across as a nice guy in interviews, I think Jimmy Page is one of the most over-rated guitarists of all time. I've seen Zeppelin live in their prime and was not overly impressed with his feel, technique or phrasing.

Now Dave Gilmour, well that's a different story altogether....

Quote Originally Posted by Moodybluebird View Post
    Although he comes across as a nice guy in interviews, I think Jimmy Page is one of the most over-rated guitarists of all time. I've seen Zeppelin live in their prime and was not overly impressed with his feel, technique or phrasing.

Now Dave Gilmour, well that's a different story altogether....
    I have to disagree

Page mixed the blues , folk , rock , funk , a brilliant guitarist , what let led zeppelin down was plant who was tone deaf

Gilmour is of course great but like page is just one of a long list of axe men

Hendrix, alex lifeson of rush , Tony iommi of sabbath , Robert fripp , joe Satriani , eddie van halen

...no..jimmy paedo page
    Lets hope he doesn't get wind of this forum or you are likely to end up facing him across a courtroom. You will need deep pockets.

I have to disagree

Page mixed the blues , folk , rock , funk , a brilliant guitarist , what let led zeppelin down was plant who was tone deaf

Gilmour is of course great but like page is just one of a long list of axe men

Hendrix, alex lifeson of rush , Tony iommi of sabbath , Robert fripp , joe Satriani , eddie van halen
    Personal taste of course but his playing has never floated my boat. Even though I play guitar myself and can appreciate the technique used by Satriani, Steve Vai and Van Halen and their ilk, I can't listen to more than a few minutes of the stuff without being bored. Loved Iommi's playing though, totally unique at the time.

For me it's Gilmour, Martin Barre of Jethro Till, Rory Gallagher, Ian Bairnson of Alan Parsons Project, John Miles (very underrated) and many others. If you're into acoustic playing, Tommy Emmanuel is the man, a great bloke and amazing live. Some of the aforementioned are not in your face showmen but their subtle phrasing does it for me.

Sludge, as you're a fan of Hendrix, have a listen to Randy Hansen. I think he's rated as the best Hendrix tribute act in the world and it's easy to understand why. He looks like him, talks like him, sings like him and most importantly plays like him. I've met him a few times on these rock cruises and he's a really friendly guy. Loads of his stuff on You Tube.

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    Lets hope he doesn't get wind of this forum or you are likely to end up facing him across a courtroom. You will need deep pockets.
    ...ha..if you haven't anything you can't lose anything..

Personal taste of course but his playing has never floated my boat. Even though I play guitar myself and can appreciate the technique used by Satriani, Steve Vai and Van Halen and their ilk, I can't listen to more than a few minutes of the stuff without being bored. Loved Iommi's playing though, totally unique at the time.

For me it's Gilmour, Martin Barre of Jethro Till, Rory Gallagher, Ian Bairnson of Alan Parsons Project, John Miles (very underrated) and many others. If you're into acoustic playing, Tommy Emmanuel is the man, a great bloke and amazing live. Some of the aforementioned are not in your face showmen but their subtle phrasing does it for me.
    Love brute , force and ignorance by rory Gallagher off his live lp , great album

Like songs from the wood , minstrel in the gallery , etc by tull

Richard Thompson is one of my favourite folk guitarists

Sludge, as you're a fan of Hendrix, have a listen to Randy Hansen. I think he's rated as the best Hendrix tribute act in the world and it's easy to understand why. He looks like him, talks like him, sings like him and most importantly plays like him. I've met him a few times on these rock cruises and he's a really friendly guy. Loads of his stuff on You Tube.
    Thanks will check him out

Love brute , force and ignorance by rory Gallagher off his live lp , great album

Like songs from the wood , minstrel in the gallery , etc by tull

Richard Thompson is one of my favourite folk guitarists
    Brute Force and Ignorance is one of many great tracks on the studio album Photo-Finish. Highly recommended.

[QUOTE=Moodybluebird;5050123]Personal taste of course but his playing has never floated my boat. Even though I play guitar myself and can appreciate the technique used by Satriani, Steve Vai and Van Halen and their ilk, I can't listen to more than a few minutes of the stuff without being bored. Loved Iommi's playing though, totally unique at the time.

For me it's Gilmour, Martin Barre of Jethro Till, Rory Gallagher, Ian Bairnson of Alan Parsons Project, John Miles (very underrated) and many others. If you're into acoustic playing, Tommy Emmanuel is the man, a great bloke and amazing live. Some of the aforementioned are not in your face showmen but their subtle phrasing does it for me.[/QUOTE

You have forgotten the greatest white blues guitarist of them all, PAUL KOSSOFF

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Azkef2lXW88

[QUOTE=Mr Soul '68;5050190]

For me it's Gilmour, Martin Barre of Jethro Till, Rory Gallagher, Ian Bairnson of Alan Parsons Project, John Miles (very underrated) and many others. If you're into acoustic playing, Tommy Emmanuel is the man, a great bloke and amazing live. Some of the aforementioned are not in your face showmen but their subtle phrasing does it for me.[/QUOTE

You have forgotten the greatest white blues guitarist of them all, PAUL KOSSOFF

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Azkef2lXW88
    Fantastic band

Kossoff was a great guitarist but he was backed by a great bassist and great drummer , whose drumstick I still have