+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fury V Wilder - The Rematch

Fury V Wilder - The Rematch

What was Fury wearing : hehe:

I think he will do it, he's got more energy and is fitter the second time around. I think Wilder could possibly gas himself out going for the big one over and over as he grows frustrated.
    I think Fury will be a lot better second time out, but what can we expect in the way of an improvement or change from Wilder? Has he ever done anything other than go for the big punch? Does he offer anything else? (Others may be able to shed light here)

Hope work is done by the time the bell goes

Re: Fury V Wilder - The Rematch

His inability to put away Wallin, makes me cautious to say outright he's going to get it done. Wilder's punching power is outrageous as well, avoiding that for 12 rounds, done it once (just), see if he can do it again.

Boxing however, really just doesn't help itself. All American ref judges, in America, for an American fighter. What an absolute joke. Imagine that in any other sport!

The question is can Fury stay away from that right hand for 12 rounds?

I really hope he does it and can win on points.

Wilder really is very limited and the division is weak.

Fury easily the more gifted and talented but just doesnt have much power.

I hope im wrong but at some point and it could be anytime I see Wilder landing the big shot that sees him being recognized as the no.1 in the division.

It's going to be interesting. Fury can hit hard enough, he's 6ft9 and 19st, if he lands clean of Wilder it'll shake him. Wilder was in trouble on two occasions in the first fight, Fury didn't carry it through though, deciding to get out of range. Fury is training at the Kronk gym for this fight which indicates that he's going to be more aggressive. I could see Fury backing Wilder up and putting him on the back foot, Wilder has never fought on the back foot as his opponents are shit scared of that right hand. I really think that Fury can hurt Wilder although Wilder has that great equaliser. I don't know who is going to win, i can't call it, although i can't see Wilder changing his style. I think Fury will, it could cost him.

If he doesn't get the knock down in the twelfth in the first fight then Wilder loses that. For me he lost anyway but the judges saw it differently.

I see it going one of two ways. Wilder KO mid to late rounds or a Fury points win.

If I was pushed I would say that Wilder puts his foot down and goes for it that much sooner this time with slightly less respect for Fury's power having been in with him once.

If Fury won it on points with his erratic style and survived a few scares you also wouldn't be surprised.

I can't wait. Closest boxing match to call in quite some time. The bookies can't split them either.

Bookies can't separate them. Both are 10/11 and the draw varies from 20/1 to 25/1.

If Fury wants it enough, he pisses it.

Quote Originally Posted by William Treseder View Post
    Wilder was being outboxed more by ortiz. Wilder didn't throw a single shot until the knockdown.
    Fury isn't going to knock him out, as much as fury was the better fighter when you score 2 knockdowns all of sudden u only have to win 3 of 10 rounds to stay champ.

I think fury can win every single round but we also know wilder can hurt fury. Fury will not go out to attack . I hope Wilder wins as otherwise the next fight will be another rematch and would like to see AJ, whyte involved.

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    What was Fury wearing : hehe:

I think he will do it, he's got more energy and is fitter the second time around. I think Wilder could possibly gas himself out going for the big one over and over as he grows frustrated.
    I think Fury will be a lot better second time out, but what can we expect in the way of an improvement or change from Wilder? Has he ever done anything other than go for the big punch? Does he offer anything else? (Others may be able to shed light here)

Hope work is done by the time the bell goes
    I hope Wilder sparks the attention seeking muppet clean out..

Would love Fury to beat him but I think Wilder will catch him with one big shot when he gets careless, and unlike the last time, he’ll be KO’D. My guess is KO round 6

Wilder could stop him not even having to knock him out.
    If he opens up that horrific cut over the right eye he got against Wallin.

Didnt like him when he first arrived on the scene but Fury has grown on me.
    Hope he does it.

i like fury, but i think he will be gone within 3 rounds

Quote Originally Posted by stan butler View Post
    I hope Wilder sparks the attention seeking muppet clean out..
    All boxers in the main could be classified as attentions seekers. It's called promotion, required to maximise the purse for putting ones health, and life, on the line.

Kudos to the bloke for stepping back into the ring with the same guy that 99% of the watching public thought had done him some serious damage in the first fight.
    A lot of boxers would have avoided a rematch and took lesser paydays in order to keep in the public eye.
    Like him or loathe him, you have to admire him.

If he can avoid the wild swings then fury comfortably wins on points, providing the judges aren't corrupt. One judge had wilder ahead last time even before the 12th round knockdown, was odd.

But it's a big if, wilder isn't all windmills but he does swing and miss a lot because he is comfortable knowing he can stop most.

I think all this pre fight sparring like kids is pathetic and an embarrassment to the sport

If they want to scrap get on with it , dont square up behind a load of minders

It's like watching all that fake wrestling crap

Boxing is great to watch at amateur level but once they become pros most of them turn into arseholes

Amir Khan being a prime example

First Team

Very close on paper.
    However, regardless of the stuff being touted by the management the weight of Fury has to be a concern. His best chance has to be to box and stay out of trouble. Carrying that much additional timber is going to slow anyone down and also suggests that he may encounter stamina issues.
    I'm going Wilder by KO in rounds 4-5. This,of course, guarantees a Fury win .

great for the fury panto to go forward... but if wilder catches him again with a thubder bolt i dont think he will get up from it...

like everyone saying and many top boxers past and present are giving it to fury mainly on points but i just feel wilder will shock him and put another big one on him can fury find it in hilmself to get back up this time... hmm not so sure

if goes all way fury on close points

or wilder will drop him anytime any round

Quote Originally Posted by bluemoon View Post
    great for the fury panto to go forward... but if wilder catches him again with a thubder bolt i dont think he will get up from it...

like everyone saying and many top boxers past and present are giving it to fury mainly on points but i just feel wilder will shock him and put another big one on him can fury find it in hilmself to get back up this time... hmm not so sure

if goes all way fury on close points

or wilder will drop him anytime any round
    Yeah id agree with this.

How do you watch it over there? He're it's PPV and costs $80. I'm not going to bother. I might look for a stream. Probably not though.

It’s 25 quid here. I was surprised how low the ppv figures are in the states, but 80 dollars is quite high.

Quote Originally Posted by tricks View Post
    It’s 25 quid here. I was surprised how low the ppv figures are in the states, but 80 dollars is quite high.
    Jesus. More than twice what you're paying in the UK. £25 is only $32. I'd consider paying that.

I'm just going to continue watching Better Call Saul. Got to get caught up before the new season starts tomorrow night.

Quote Originally Posted by William Treseder View Post
    I guess he wanted it 😁

Awesome performance and a little dittie as tribute...

https://youtu.be/ubxYYzYNP84

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    It's going to be interesting. Fury can hit hard enough, he's 6ft9 and 19st, if he lands clean of Wilder it'll shake him. Wilder was in trouble on two occasions in the first fight, Fury didn't carry it through though, deciding to get out of range. Fury is training at the Kronk gym for this fight which indicates that he's going to be more aggressive. I could see Fury backing Wilder up and putting him on the back foot, Wilder has never fought on the back foot as his opponents are shit scared of that right hand. I really think that Fury can hurt Wilder although Wilder has that great equaliser. I don't know who is going to win, i can't call it, although i can't see Wilder changing his style. I think Fury will, it could cost him.
    Thankfully, it didn't Cost him.

First Team

Wow.
    Comprehensively proved wrong by Fury.