+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Flight repayment advice

Flight repayment advice

Looking for some advice.

I'm travelling over for the Brentford game. I've recently read that the airline Flybe might go bust at the end of the month.

If the company do go bust, where would I stand on return of flight cost ( Visa card), and if they do go bust, would that automatically take me out of the 14 day cancellation compo claim?

Cheers

Re: Flight repayment advice

Think ATOL is designed to protect you here. Don’t know the ins and outs of it but some info here: https://www.caa.co.uk/Passengers/Res...uled-airlines/

Thanks a lot.

Flyertalk is your friend here

Quote Originally Posted by Louth View Post
    Thanks a lot.
    Just thought on - you’re based in Ireland aren’t you? I think ATOL is a scheme for UK-based travellers so you might need to check if there’s an Irish equivalent.

Quote Originally Posted by Baloo View Post
    Just thought on - you’re based in Ireland aren’t you? I think ATOL is a scheme for UK-based travellers so you might need to check if there’s an Irish equivalent.
    Ah, ok.

Being a UK company and EU laws ( still relevant?) I thought I'd be covered the same as a Brit. Sorry, UK resident. 😉

Ah, ok.

Being a UK company and EU laws ( still relevant?) I thought I'd be covered the same as a Brit. Sorry, UK resident. 😉
    Yeh, not too sure. Good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by Baloo View Post
    I found more information this side of the water.

Basically I'm screwed if Flybe go under. No chance of getting money back if they go under.

Feckers are still taking bookings knowing full well they might not exist next weekend.

If you have paid with a credit card can"t you claim it back off them as the company have not provided the service they have charged for ?

Can't you fly with Ryanair?

I'n not sure if this will be of any use to anyone but here goes:

I paid for a return flight to Gambia last April and it was for a trip last month.
    It was an e-ticket sitting in my Inbox and I didn't search for it to print off until early December.
    It was only then that I realised that it was purchased direct from Thomas Cook, who were presumably flogging off spare seats that were available due to the package holiday crowd not filling the plane.
    As the company went into liquidation and that the tickets were not covered by ATOL I was resigned to losing the money and booked very cheap flights to somewhere else in Africa.
    However, I did contact my credit card company and they sent me a form to complete.
    A few weeks later and the amount I paid for my tickets were credited to my credit card account!

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    Can't you fly with Ryanair?
    Not to Cardiff I can't.

Quote Originally Posted by headlight View Post
    If you have paid with a credit card can"t you claim it back off them as the company have not provided the service they have charged for ?
    Debit card.

Take the ferry

Quote Originally Posted by Toadstool View Post
    Take the ferry
    10 -12 hour trip? No thanks

Looking for some advice.

I'm travelling over for the Brentford game. I've recently read that the airline Flybe might go bust at the end of the month.

If the company do go bust, where would I stand on return of flight cost ( Visa card), and if they do go bust, would that automatically take me out of the 14 day cancellation compo claim?

Cheers
    See if you can get a full refund due the threat of insolvency and then re-purchase using a credit card.

I found more information this side of the water.

Basically I'm screwed if Flybe go under. No chance of getting money back if they go under.

Feckers are still taking bookings knowing full well they might not exist next weekend.
    If they stopped taking bookings it would be certain that they wouldn't exist next weekend

Quote Originally Posted by RichardM View Post
    If they stopped taking bookings it would be certain that they wouldn't exist next weekend
    Can't they just continue as an airline that doesn't fly anywhere?

Thanks @Louth, I wasn't aware of Flybe's latest travails.

I fly the same route (doing a day trip tomorrow to see the family). I'm using a credit (not debit) card to book flights. Can't think of anything else to do.

If Flybe folded, I'd like to think the route is busy enough for other carriers to make money on it but I wouldn't be confident.

I don’t see Flybe going under, as they’re the subject of rather controversial state aid.

@Louth, I just claimed a refund for my Flybe flights in ten days - used my (Irish) bank's credit card chargeback form. Now I wait...

Quote Originally Posted by The Hooded Claw View Post
    I don’t see Flybe going under, as they’re the subject of rather controversial state aid.

Not to Cardiff I can't.
    Isn't there an aer Lingus / stobart that goes to Dublin? Or is that only midweek