+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Cameron Coxe released.....

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Cameron Coxe released.....

If these lads are 20/21 then as a mate said ‘if they were that good they would be playing regularly by now’

Only Coxe has got near out of that lot and unfortunately it didn’t work out.

Seems harsh and I’d expect it was a tough decision for him, but better for these lads to know sooner rather than later and now the next year or 2 will get the chance to step up and make an impression.

Good luck to these lads .

Quote Originally Posted by Lawnmower View Post
    If these lads are 20/21 then as a mate said ‘if they were that good they would be playing regularly by now’

Seems harsh and I’d expect it was a tough decision for him, but better for these lads to know sooner rather than later and now the next year or 2 will get the chance to step up and make an impression.

Spot on.

Quote Originally Posted by Lawnmower View Post

Totally agree Tim, I don’t think it does lads any good hanging around too long when they’re in their early 20s. In fact in a perfect football world I want to see players of 18/19 in the first team. In the big picture 22 & 23 year olds, if they haven’t made it by then at their club, should be let go. It doesn’t really matter if they make it big later, all that proves is that they weren’t a good fit at their original club. And it follows that we pick up players in their mid 20s who weren’t perfect fits at their previous clubs, Etheridge, Mendez-Laing etc, players who’d been shown the door in their younger days by clubs at our level or higher.