Quote Originally Posted by cardiff55 View Post
I think Coxe has been shabbily treated. He obviously has/had potential. The goal in the home game v Carlisle was not totally his fault, Morrison had two opportunities to clear and the 'keeper flapped at a cross. He certainly is a decent footballer. But a number of City youngsters have left and found careers at a lower level before coming back up, Tom James and Tom Lockyer (who has also played for Wales). Aron Wildig has played in the lower levels of the FL for 10 years, and Semi Ajayi did well after he left us (although he did not come through our youth system). But there again others like Their Wharton and Tommy O'Sullivan disappeared. I quite liked Coxe and I am sure we'll see him fixed up next season (and then sold on for a hefty fee).

I was surprised when I saw these details, but to be fair its does give players who are being release a chance to go on trial elsewhere and earn a contract for next season with another club, as a poster above states. So what does seem harsh could in fact be very beneficial to those young players.
I see that Rollin Menayase has featured in twenty plus games for Bristol Rovers (who are only one level below us) this season as well.