+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Cameron Coxe released.....

Cameron Coxe released.....

Bit of a shocker but unfortunately yesterday and today eight u23 players have been released by the club.
    Cameron being the most high profile of the youngsters.
    Steve Morrisons brush is sweeping clean.
    Paid up until the end of the season but all eight are clubless having been told they’re not good enough and shown the door. 🤔🤐

Re: Cameron Coxe released.....

Any idea who are the others??

Strange time of year to be doing that. 8 players seems a lot. Sounds a liitle disruptive.

Quote Originally Posted by Padraig1968 View Post
    Bit of a shocker but unfortunately yesterday and today eight u23 players have been released by the club.
    Cameron being the most high profile of the youngsters.
    Steve Morrisons brush is sweeping clean.
    Paid up until the end of the season but all eight are clubless having been told they’re not good enough and shown the door. 🤔🤐
    Seems very strange. I mean he had been pretty poor when played but cheap back up option for a couple of years.

Shamar Moore
    Jake Evans
    Lawrence Wooton
    I’ll find out the other 4 👍

Gosh thought Cox was half decent from reports by those who follow the U23's, I wonder if we might see some in coming from elsewhere?

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    Strange time of year to be doing that. 8 players seems a lot. Sounds a liitle disruptive.
    I don't think so, can't see a reason why the club would keep them on until the end of the season if they have no future at the club. Get rid of them, thank them for their services and lets start getting better players in. It also gives these lads a head start on finding another club. As for CC, maybe the writing was on the wall for him already, he had two chances to impress in the FA cup and he bombed, simple as that.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    I don't think so, can't see a reason why the club would keep them on until the end of the season if they have no future at the club. Get rid of them, thank them for their services and lets start getting better players in. It also gives these lads a head start on finding another club. As for CC, maybe the writing was on the wall for him already, he had two chances to impress in the FA cup and he bombed, simple as that.
    What sort of age-range are we talking about? Will they be able to replace them in time to play this season?

My only knowledge of these players is from what Bob Wilson has posted, and from his many reports I thought that Cameron Coxe was going to be a star of the future. This is very disappointing news, as I was really looking forward to having some home-grown talent in our team. My thoughts are with the young lads who must be feeling very devastated right now.

In morrisson we trust.
    New broom etc. Start from scratch. Football is not about sentiment.

Quote Originally Posted by Armitage Shanks View Post
    In morrisson we trust.
    New broom etc. Start from scratch. Football is not about sentiment.
    Absolutely. Something needs to change. We can't have young pro footballers hanging about the place if they're not even close to contributing and if they had anything about them they wouldn't want to b at the club. Players know when their time is up.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    What sort of age-range are we talking about? Will they be able to replace them in time to play this season?
    It doesn't matter in my opinion. They're not good enough. I don't know if they'll be replaced, what it means is that someone else gets a chance or a young player advances into the u23s.

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    My only knowledge of these players is from what Bob Wilson has posted, and from his many reports I thought that Cameron Coxe was going to be a star of the future. This is very disappointing news, as I was really looking forward to having some home-grown talent in our team. My thoughts are with the young lads who must be feeling very devastated right now.
    I get your point but CC would've known, especially after the Carlisle game and some of the other players would've been aware of the situation. They train every day and a player knows if they're developing or not. Look at Ampadu against Spurs, plenty of doubts from certain quarters, even myself, but he came in and showed composure and maturity, he wanted the ball and took responsibility. He has now given everyone concerned something to think about. Could you imagine if he'd had a shitter? Fine lines indeed.

Connor Davies
    Jack Davies
    Trystan Jones
    Plus one more lol 🤔👍

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    It doesn't matter in my opinion. They're not good enough. I don't know if they'll be replaced, what it means is that someone else gets a chance or a young player advances into the u23s.
    Haven't we been here before though? New manager comes in, big statement about disappointment in youth not progressing into first team, players get let go, repeat cycle 18 months-3 years later. Not going to argue all our youth players have deserved more of a chance but there is a distinction to be made between not good enough and not fancied by current manger, as well as general disappointment that no matter how many changes are made we seem to lack route to first team for youth prospects.

Watch - in typical Cardiff City irony - as these players go on to big things!

Quote Originally Posted by The Hooded Claw View Post
    About to say the same.

They'll sign for a lower league club, and in a couple of years we'll see them signing for a prem club for £20M +

Quote Originally Posted by The Hooded Claw View Post
    Don't think we've had too many of our youth prospects go onto big things over past 5 years though. Most seem to end up at Barry Town which, although a very decent standard of football these days, is not the Championship or better. I wouldn't be able to point to any as a clear sign club has got it wrong to release players from youth squad but don't think what the club has been doing has been working, the players must have had a better chance of success elsewhere, so yet another change of approach at youth level doesn't fill me with confidence.

Disappointing as I thought maybe he could make the grade. But in all seriousness, what regrettable attrition have we had from our under 23s In our history? Ramsey and Matondo aside for which we had little say in

I'm a bit surprised that we've released Coxe, but bringing in Sanderson on loan wasn't a good sign for his prospects.

Maybe Carlisle was his last shot at breaking into the first team.
    It didn’t go well unfortunately.

Quote Originally Posted by surge View Post
    Haven't we been here before though? New manager comes in, big statement about disappointment in youth not progressing into first team, players get let go, repeat cycle 18 months-3 years later. Not going to argue all our youth players have deserved more of a chance but there is a distinction to be made between not good enough and not fancied by current manger, as well as general disappointment that no matter how many changes are made we seem to lack route to first team for youth prospects.
    Probably happened before although it seems like Morrison and Harris are acting quickly by effectively putting these players out of their misery. They've identified weakness and they've made a decision by paying them up early. What happens now remains to be seen. If any of these players had been performing well then they wouldn't have been released, the manager and the coaches would have seen enough of them to make a decision on their future, they may get one or two wrong, but that's football. I'm not sure of the ages of the players released but i suppose it's between 18 and 21? if so, they really need to be around the first team by now.

If these lads are 20/21 then as a mate said ‘if they were that good they would be playing regularly by now’

Only Coxe has got near out of that lot and unfortunately it didn’t work out.

Seems harsh and I’d expect it was a tough decision for him, but better for these lads to know sooner rather than later and now the next year or 2 will get the chance to step up and make an impression.

Good luck to these lads .

Quote Originally Posted by Lawnmower View Post
    If these lads are 20/21 then as a mate said ‘if they were that good they would be playing regularly by now’

Only Coxe has got near out of that lot and unfortunately it didn’t work out.

Seems harsh and I’d expect it was a tough decision for him, but better for these lads to know sooner rather than later and now the next year or 2 will get the chance to step up and make an impression.

Good luck to these lads .
    Spot on.

the harsh truth of modern day football such a cut throat business

with the ever decreasing numbers of young pros failing to make the grade coming through the ranks is there any point in academys these days with the money spent on them ?