Quote Originally Posted by Lawnmower View Post
Well if Exeter were one then apparently it was then that refused it.

I would also think that if Harris wanted to play him in the Cup then he would have held off any loans until we were out. Coxe may just be a victim of circumstances. Harsh to be judged on just 3 cup games in a makeshift team

However in the cold light of day I’d say both Brown and Bagan did better in their games.

How many players do you keep in the hope they break through ??
Agreed. The club and coaches would have worked with him every day. For whatever reason he's been deemed not good enough, like thousands before him. We don't have much of an idea what type of player he was, what his strengths were, how he reacted or what his character was like, nobody has made a case for him on here based on his footballing ability, yet some are surprised he's been released, based on what?

He's 21, he's not playing, he was poor against Carlisle, that was his last chance and he didn't take it. People can cite a make shift team, and ridiculously saying that other players didn't perform either (what has that got to do with it?) The fact is that Coxe was given an opportunity to show his worth on two occasions and he blew it. There aren't any excuses, all he had to do was concentrate on himself and do the basics right and offer a bit of quality when going forward, he didn't.

Without sounding condescending i really think that fans need to understand that football is brutal, it's not like other jobs where you can fail at things, young footballers don't get that many chances. I'm trusting the club on this call, they know him better than anyone else.