Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
You're right, football is brutal, or at least it can be for some. I don't think that any of the thirteen players involved today (Whyte wasn't on the pitch long enough to be criticised in the same) will be judged in the same way as Coxe was for a performance I thought lacked desire, conviction and ability - it was as if they were thinking we've got no chance without Tomlin, and we're talking experienced players here, yet I bet they'll all be involved again on Tuesday.

I'm not saying that because I'm defending Cameron Coxe (I said earlier in the thread, I can understand the club's decision in a way)', but it does seem to me that there are double standards in play here.
Difference is that the players involved today have mostly done really well over the last few weeks.

Coxe didn’t have that luxury to fallback on.

How long should we hang on to a player who has been at the club for years and still hadn’t impressed enough to break into the 1st team picture ?

If we do, what do you say to the players coming behind him who are then denied a chance by a player 3 years older who’s not in the 1st team picture.

How much do you offer him , as he won’t be YTS any more.

No, for me, and it may be harsh, it’s probably better all round for him to have a crack elsewhere.

The only other option is to keep him and loan him straight out, but for that you’d need a club at a decent level who want to take him and pay his wages.
If the club can’t find that then he’s wasted another few months.

It’s a tough situation and harsh that players get so little chance to impress, but then we’ve got fans booing a manager today who’s lost 3 in 17 😳