+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Well if the season is over , and I dont think it is .....

Well if the season is over , and I dont think it is .....

Harris has done a pretty good job

Now of course against two relegation sides we have fecked up but there are still 13 games to go

Win a couple on the bounce and we are in with a sniff

Keep on keeping on

Bluebirds

Re: Well if the season is over , and I dont think it is .....

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    Harris has done a pretty good job

Now of course against two relegation sides we have fecked up but there are still 13 games to go

Win a couple on the bounce and we are in with a sniff

Keep on keeping on

Bluebirds
    Biggest week of the season if we have playoff ambitions. Anything less than 4 points and I fear we can forget it. Our main avenue of creativity has gone and I don't think we have an answer, other than to bludgeon out goals a la Warnock style.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Biggest week of the season if we have playoff ambitions. Anything less than 4 points and I fear we can forget it. Our main avenue of creativity has gone and I don't think we have an answer, other than to bludgeon out goals a la Warnock style.
    Get stuck in at this stage of the season

Roll the sleeves up

39 points to play for

36, actually. It appears you've reached for that 75% proof homemade rhubarb wine particularly early this evening.

Season's over. Neil Harris has done well. And in such a short time too. I wonder where we would be if he had started the season with us.

Quote Originally Posted by Carl Dale's Mole View Post
    Season's over. Neil Harris has done well. And in such a short time too. I wonder where we would be if he had started the season with us.
    I can’t agree with that I’m afraid.

Whereas there are still plenty of points to play for, some of the football since he has arrived has been absolutely awful. Bar the Huddersfield game, even when we have won, the football has been poor.

He deserves some credit for playing Tomlin who has been carrying the team, and FINALLY dropping Flint when everyone else could see it weeks ago.

Beyond that I haven’t seen anything yet to warrant such commendations.

Today’s performance and result only serve to reaffirm to me that this team is nowhere near ready for promotion and is far too reliant on Tomlin.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Dandruff View Post
    I can’t agree with that I’m afraid.

Whereas there are still plenty of points to play for, some of the football since he has arrived has been absolutely awful. Bar the Huddersfield game, even when we have won, the football has been poor.

He deserves some credit for playing Tomlin who has been carrying the team, and FINALLY dropping Flint when everyone else could see it weeks ago.

Beyond that I haven’t seen anything yet to warrant such commendations.
    Well fortunately, as of today they have both managed us for 17 games this season:

Neil Warnock: Played 17 Won 5 Drawn 7 Lost 5 Scored 25 Conceded 25 GD 0 Pts 22

Neil Harris: Played 17 Won 7 Drawn 7 Lost 3 Scored 23 Conceded 22 GD +1 Pts 28

Harris has the better record and yet it was Warnock who had the entire summer to sign and train players.

Well fortunately, as of today they have both managed us for 17 games this season:

Harris has the better record and yet it was Warnock who had the entire summer to sign and train players.
    Harris's defensive stats are skewed somewhat by 1 abysmal performance at QPR. He has made us defensively better, even if that's been at a cost of some poor quality games

So 6 points for the new manager bounce then.

I remain far from convinced.

To be fair you'd have to hand it to Harris as the better of the two managers , he inherited a downward spiralling squad , and has made a good fist of it , its not his squad or type of players s there style is molded to the Warnock's way , this debate would be better heard this time next year , after a full summer of transfers in and out and the close season preperation behind Harris .

He's done OK. But today was a huge step backwards. We didn't play football today and resorted to head tennis, long balls and long throws. And Paterson stayed on the pitch for 90 minutes. It was like Warnock never left. Rubbish.

New manager bounce: phrase to describe short-term upturn in results following change of manager midseason. Not sustained.

If we're talking about whether Harris has brought about more entertaining football then I remain unconvinced but results have improved, marginally. I was going to say judgement should be saved until March onwards when his ideas had been given time to take hold but Tomlin being out now means it's likely to be a sluggish and his impact will be judged from new year to today's date instead. Here's hoping we finally get a good summer window as 0 from 3 would really set us back when coinciding with downgrading of parachute payments.

harris is better thn worncock but the team is shite.

6 points is a lot. 6 more points would have us in the playoffs right now.

6 points is a lot. 6 more points would have us in the playoffs right now.
    But 6 more points would be a 12 point "manager bounce". Twice as much.