Under Harris:

Score the first goal (7 league games):

Won 6, drawn 1

Conceded the first goal (9 league games):

Won 1, drawn 5, lost 3

In fairness, our record when we have conceded first isn't too shabby, but we do concede the first goal all too often.

Overall this season, we have started matches too poorly to be serious challengers. Only Luton, Huddersfield, Middlesbrough and Barnsley have got worse first half records than us - only Luton have conceded more first half goals than us in the Championship. Only 9 teams have scored more first half goals than us, so it's not that we're not scoring enough in the opening 45 minutes. Much of the defensive problems, for me, arise from us being too passive and not being in the wide awake club in the first half.

In the second half only West Brom, Leeds and Forest have better records than us. Only West Brom, Leeds and (surprisingly) Hull have scored more 2nd half goals. We've got the 6th best 2nd half defensive record. Part of me wonders how much that is down to us chasing a game in the second half when we've had a poor first half.

Either way, our sluggish starts appear to have got worse under Harris, yet our resilience (yes I know it was absent today) has generally been better than it was under Warnock this season - odd given that resilience is a word you'd associate with a Warnock team.