Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
It's a tough one, you can argue they've all been given a run but have we used them all correctly? People can point at gpg or gpm etc to go for or against players but we use the same style with 3 strikers that all probably prefer to play a different way, they're brought in and out of the team, it's hardly ideal is it.
The fact there's no general consensus whatsoever from our fans about our strikers says a lot. You've been committed to backing Glatzel, fair enough, but hardly anyone is saying the same thing. You might be right, most others might be wrong. I just find it hard to accept that, for the tens of thousands of City fans out there, I don't hear of anyone touting for Glatzel, not even ex pros that now pass as pundits.

If he had half of the talent of Zohore, I think City fans would have given him more backing. If he was an exceptional player, I could accept an argument that says we should play to his strengths. As it is, he's definitely not Premier League quality and he's shown that whether he is top half Championship quality is open to debate. If he is half as good as you say he is, he'd have more to his game and be better at adjusting when the team needs to perform in a certain way. Any notion of building a team around Glatzel to accommodate his strengths is nonsense, given he hasn't done enough to prove he's good enough and worth it.