+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Who should I vote for?

Re: Who should I vote for?

Quote Originally Posted by Talksport View Post
    Couldn't give a fcuk as your party are antisemetic, terrorist sympathisers. Not to mention a bunch of a55eholes ��. So glad you had the biggest hammering for 85yrs....And your namesake still hasn't fcuked off ����
    Most apt user name on the board!!

Quote Originally Posted by Talksport View Post
    Couldn't give a fcuk as your party are antisemetic, terrorist sympathisers. Not to mention a bunch of a55eholes 😊. So glad you had the biggest hammering for 85yrs....And your namesake still hasn't fcuked off 😂😂
    I see Julia Hartley-Brewer is in the house.

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    Kier has no charisma

Sadly modern politics is about image and personality

Nandy has charisma , image and personality

And shes a moderate , which is vital

Labour is never going to win a majority with a left of centre candidate , we have to go back to blair for our last period of office and he was a tory in a labour suit ....the first few years were good but then his true colours showed up

If we can get someone like nandy to appeal to the middle ground , which wins the election , then we might have a chance of a labour minority or coalition labour led government

But after the loss of all those seats to the krankies in Scotland, I cant see a majority led labour government in my lifetime ......and that's with a decent leader like nandy in charge

Tony Benn, skinner , kinnock , all great speakers but all mouth and no trousers

This country has sadly lurched to the right and the labour party must hit the middle ground if it's to have any chance

Rebecca long bailey would kill us off completely
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy the Jock View Post
    Lisa Nandy seems like a genuine person .
    Hopefully that something about her will see her home .
    I know we shouldn’t vote for a particular candidate by their gender, or the colour of their skin .
    Labour needs a female leader .
    The whole point of me posing the question on here was to draw out responses from a range of people, not just Labour supporters, but people who perhaps voted for the Liar.
    What you say about a female candidate is interesting. This was actually my first thought, but having listened to some of the debates, and read many articles, I am just not so sure. Perhaps Starmer is the best of a pretty average bunch.
    Still to decide! 🤨

As is often the case with me, it's easier for me to say who I wouldn't vote for than who I would! I definitely would not vote for Long-Bailey - forget any left or right argument, I'm just not convinced by her.

Starmer has also struck me as competent and pretty unflappable, but maybe it's time for someone with some fire in their belly?

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    As is often the case with me, it's easier for me to say who I wouldn't vote for than who I would! I definitely would not vote for Long-Bailey - forget any left or right argument, I'm just not convinced by her.

Starmer has also struck me as competent and pretty unflappable, but maybe it's time for someone with some fire in their belly?
    Whoever it is, they need to get the public to listen to them.

The deed is done.
    Starmer
    Rosena

Fingers crossed they will lead Labour back from the brink.
    Thanks everyone for the interesting and informative advice.

Just voted, Nandy for me, Keir too middle of the road.

Quote Originally Posted by jeremy corbyn View Post
    Yes, the election was lost in this order
    Brexit
    Corbyn
    Manifesto

The whole thing could not have been handled worse by Labour. Handed victory on a plate to Teflon man.

Certainly Labour has moved to the left from the Blair/Brown days, but interestingly the Tories policies have also moved to the left in a number of instances. Although you would never think it with Cummings at the helm.
    Somehow has to keep its left credentials pure, but appearing middle of the road(wolf in sheepskin clothing). Becky is a bit too obvious with her leanings, perhaps Keir appears a bit more reasonable, but still having the right credentials. I dont want any prospective leader trashing the past, which Lisa has been doing.
    What was the lost reasons that resulted in the elections before Corbyn is also a question that needs answering .

I'm sure there are underlying reason there, besides ge usual press bias , which is wearing very thin as an excuse .

Quote Originally Posted by bathblue View Post
    Just voted, Nandy for me, Keir too middle of the road.
    I voted Nandy and Rayner