+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Good owners bad owners

Good owners bad owners

Wolves went up the same time as us. They are now light years ahead.

Re: Good owners bad owners

They were light years ahead of us even when we were in the same league as them. They were prepped for this sort of growth and success.

Quote Originally Posted by dandywarhol View Post
    Wolves went up the same time as us. They are now light years ahead.
    Absolutely! The difference is tangible! We've never had luck with owners

This might be controversial but (although he's no Wolves owner) has Tan been that bad apart from..you know...the thing

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    This might be controversial but (although he's no Wolves owner) has Tan been that bad apart from..you know...the thing
    Tan's problem and the problem with Choo and Dalman is they're naive when it comes to the business of football. Which means they're susceptible to being blinded by things like Warnock getting a "freak" promotion. If they knew what they were doing, he would have been gone by Christmas. If they were ruthless, they wouldn't have let him start the season. The fact that they let him start the following season shows extremely poor judgment.

To his credit he has put his hand in his pocket and is converting debt to equity as promised but what I would like to know is, as the absolute dictator of off the club, he is responsible for the poor performance of the transfer committee not only in acquisitions but also in contract renewals. For me that is a significant dent in his otherwise rehabilitated reputation.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    Tan's problem and the problem with Choo and Dalman is they're naive when it comes to the business of football. Which means they're susceptible to being blinded by things like Warnock getting a "freak" promotion. If they knew what they were doing, he would have been gone by Christmas. If they were ruthless, they wouldn't have let him start the season. The fact that they let him start the following season shows extremely poor judgment.
    This!

You can’t compare Tan to the wolves owners imo. They are basically a billionaire consortium linked to Jorge Mendez.

Most clubs aren’t going to be able to bring the plans wolves had to fruition however “good” their owner is.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    I think you are only partially correct. I cannot see someone with as large a personality like our previous manager taking a passive role in certain elements of the running of the club. If people are being blinded then it may be that individual who is doing the blinding and he only has to blind one person I.e. VT. In terms of power in the club only one person matters. I don’t think you have to be too Machiavellian to get your own way with CCFC, persuadé one person and sideline the other two.

Apart from the stupid rebrand , tan is the best owner we have ever had

Under haman and ridsdale we were knocking on the door but plunging ourselves into massive debt

Tans mistake was to let warnock spend too much but at the time the warnock appointment was spot on

I think Tan has done a solid job (re -brand aside). Our failings for some time have been in the transfer market. We could take a leaf out of Brentford's book on that front.

Put the other way has there ever been a better owner than Tan who has been prepared to invest heavily to the tune of nearly £50m? Just asking. Much of the responsibility for the recent poor performance has been some exceptionally poor dealings in the transfer market.

DO NOT MENTION THE THING

Quote Originally Posted by Vindec View Post
    Put the other way has there ever been a better owner than Tan who has been prepared to invest heavily to the tune of nearly £50m? Just asking. Much of the responsibility for the recent poor performance has been some exceptionally poor dealings in the transfer market.
    I meant £150m.