+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Murphy

Murphy

Re: Murphy

Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysAway2 View Post
    You’re to generous

Poor game but the cheering him off ****ing annoys me. Hoilett put some poor balls in and doesn’t get anywhere near the groans Murphy does.

Quote Originally Posted by ToTaL ITK View Post
    get rid
    He's scored 5 goals in the last 6 games

Murphy 6 goals 3 assists
    Hoilett 3 goals 3 assists

It was about 5 seconds after the sarcastic cheer I decided I’m done and wont be renewing season ticket next year, I know I won’t be missed but I don’t like the way the club is going.

Cheering a player off sarcastically is lower than a snakes belly

Quote Originally Posted by BlueArmy 86 View Post
    Poor game but the cheering him off ****ing annoys me. Hoilett put some poor balls in and doesn’t get anywhere near the groans Murphy does.
    Difference with Hoilett and Murphy is that when Hoilett puts in a bad pass or loses it, he does his damnedest to make amends.
    Murphy just falls on his arse and sulks.

Hoilett also has a few things in his locker and usually looks a threat. Murphy is a draw the man in and knock it past the man relying on pace and a decent defender (actually even an average one) will know this and more often than not snuff out his threat.

Murphy has a poor attitude.
    Thought he'd turned the corner after a couple decent performances recently but it seems not.

Agree with you about cheering when subbed. Not on.

Quote Originally Posted by Zowhore View Post
    It was about 5 seconds after the sarcastic cheer I decided I’m done and wont be renewing season ticket next year, I know I won’t be missed but I don’t like the way the club is going.
    The atmosphere has been shit all season. There have been games this season supposedly attended by more than 20,000 people and I've been able to hear the players shouting at each other from my seat, which is nowhere near the pitch.

He did have that good run that should have resulted in a penalty.

I didn’t cheer as I was just shaking my head at that passage of play just before he went off but he really is a dreadful player to have when things aren’t going your way.

I’m of the opinion fans are entitled to jeer if they wish but was surprised how many did. He’s finished here I think and it’s best for both sides if he goes in the summer and we can re invest across the squad.

Quote Originally Posted by LeningradCowboy View Post
    The atmosphere has been shit all season. There have been games this season supposedly attended by more than 20,000 people and I've been able to hear the players shouting at each other from my seat, which is nowhere near the pitch.
    On the TV it was like watching a reserve game (except the standard of play was worse). You could hear the players shouting for the ball.

Quote Originally Posted by SunderlandBluebird View Post
    I didn’t cheer as I was just shaking my head at that passage of play just before he went off but he really is a dreadful player to have when things aren’t going your way.

I’m of the opinion fans are entitled to jeer if they wish but was surprised how many did. He’s finished here I think and it’s best for both sides if he goes in the summer and we can re invest across the squad.
    People are entitled to do what they want but that doesn’t stop them being arse holes.

Our fans jeered whittingham off before too. Football fans in general are fickle morons but ours must be some of the worst.

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    People are entitled to do what they want but that doesn’t stop them being arse holes.

Our fans jeered whittingham off before too. Football fans in general are fickle morons but ours must be some of the worst.
    Agree our fans aren’t great but for other reasons and not particularly for last night. When you fork out the best part of £40-£50 on food, ticket and travel on a Tuesday night in freezing conditions then I feel you’re entitled to let a player know he’s been pathetic.

This board has taken a dislike to Gavin Whyte and decided he’s not good enough which surprises me when he’s in his first season in championship football and has looked good in decent games. Give me someone who tries over someone like Murphy any day of the week, his performance and effort was pathetic last night.

The Peter Whittingham situation is chalk and cheese for me, that was an embarrassment.

You just think that because you are more familiar with Citys fanbase. I just think thats the way it is these days.

I watch Merthyr sometimes and the abuse some of their fans give the players, who are part time and not even earning £100 a game, is just as bad. Its probably worse because theres barely 300 people there, so when you get one or two idiots directing abuse then its unavoidable for the players in the firing line to hear it.

No they're not. I reckon our fans -those who attend games - are as good as any. It's pretty unanimous across this board that Murphy was shocking last night - not his performance -[Bennett also had a dreadful 1st half] - but his attitude. Anyone and everyone who was there could see he just could be ars*d

It looked a penalty though.Getting on players backs doesn't help.

Agree our fans aren’t great but for other reasons and not particularly for last night. When you fork out the best part of £40-£50 on food, ticket and travel on a Tuesday night in freezing conditions then I feel you’re entitled to let a player know he’s been pathetic.

This board has taken a dislike to Gavin Whyte and decided he’s not good enough which surprises me when he’s in his first season in championship football and has looked good in decent games. Give me someone who tries over someone like Murphy any day of the week, his performance and effort was pathetic last night.

The Peter Whittingham situation is chalk and cheese for me, that was an embarrassment.
    You make a good point about Gavin Whyte.
    In the few games I've seen him play, he looks a handful.
    It just seems that when teams are not playing too well or need a result in a "crucial" match, the default Is to go for experience.

Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post
    No they're not. I reckon our fans -those who attend games - are as good as any. It's pretty unanimous across this board that Murphy was shocking last night - not his performance -[Bennett also had a dreadful 1st half] - but his attitude. Anyone and everyone who was there could see he just could be ars*d
    People have got it in their minds that he can't be arsed so whenever he has a bad game they'll jeer him off. He's a young winger in a shite side who's been on great form for the last 6 matches. Jeering him off at the first sign of a bad performance is pathetic.

I agree with the Gavin Whyte point, he looks a decent player to me.

I don't get the criticism that Murphy wasn't trying last night. He could easily have hidden away out on the wing after their goal, but he kept looking for the ball. Nothing he attempted came off, but if anything he was trying too hard and forcing things that weren't on.

Agreed.

He had a poor game, but not much different to most.

After his recent run I was surprised at the jeers from but with our fans I probably shouldn't have been.

Doesn't make any sense to me, absolutely no benefit in it whatsoever.

What are the people on the this thread that say Whyte is a decent player basing that on? What particular skills of his do you admire?

Murphy is a good footballer. But he's not the type of player that can impose his will on a game he's being muscled out of. I think most people on here are too harsh on him.

Gavin Whyte is Gavin Shyte. He works hard, covers his full back and pitches in but he rarely takes people on, doesn't cross, constantly gives the ball away and has 0 goals and 1 assist in the league. He's got lots of admirable qualities in what you'd like a winger to have but he's got none of the qualities in what you need a winger to have.