+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Sack Patterson

Re: Sack Patterson

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    It was a decent performance by Paterson he worked hard , thought Glatzel played well , held the ball up well .
    Paterson is dreadful . Poor excuse for a football player .
    I wonder what I am watching sometimes reading comments like this .
    I have said al along Glatzel is a football player , admittedly he has lacked confidence .

Quote Originally Posted by Enoch Mort View Post
    That about sums it up. He may well have "put in a good shift" or "tried hard" but last night his end product was negligible. He did win some headers but nothing really came of them. In his defence that is more to do with the long ball tactic which will usually be far more miss than hit. What is his best position and would we want him to be first choice in it ? Not in his role last night and not as a striker in my view. Wasn't he a full back at Hearts ? Well, I can't remember many occasions, if any, when we picked him as such. Of course our late and increasingly little lamented manager Warnock told the world that he couldn't tackle. Not helpful I thought. Having said all that I would still hang on to him, apparently a very likeable bloke, good in the dressing room, 100% committed. If we want someone to come off the bench and run around like a lunatic making a nuisance of himself and getting in people's faces then he's our man but we must have more quality as a first choice. Unfortunately one serious injury and the Warnock legacy of some poor and one dimensional recruitment has left us with little option.
    Good post .

Quote Originally Posted by DubaiDai View Post
    Agreed Bob.
    Too many people view Paterson through those tinted glasses. He offers very little to a team of mediocre players.
    Last night proved to me that Ward, Glatzel and Paterson are all well below championship level and cannot offer anything to our campaign next season.
    Add to that I could not remember Pack actually passing to a City player last night and there were not many crosses from Murphy or Hoilett that cleared the first defender.
    By contrast Forest always broke with pace and guile and caused us defensive problems.
    After saying that with Forest moving up to third proves to me what a low level championship we have this year.
    A better City team with some idea may have won last night.
    Pack was our 2nd highest passer last night 33 complete out of 38

Vaulks was too , but had a lot more uncsuccessful ones. 41/57

Thought those 2 did well.

With Ralls coming back we are looking OK in the centre mid.

It’s out wide, up front and at full back we have the problems

Aggression and pashun managed in the correct way can be a good thing. Over to you Harris

Paterson has the odd adrenaline fuelled game where he seems better than he is, but he's a limited footballer. Like most of our squad. They may have the physique and fitness of footballers but their brains for the game are lacking. Always 2 steps behind their opponent. I've said this for ages and since we still have mostly the same squad, it will continue to be the case.

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    20 with an option for a further 10
    But to trigger the option he only had to make ten appearances in the 2019/20 season.

Quote Originally Posted by NottinghamBlue View Post
    But to trigger the option he only had to make ten appearances in the 2019/20 season.
    I wonder if the current version of the transfer committee is going to avoid any future dealings with Unique Sports Management or, if they have to, refuse to have anything to do with any of their employees whose surnames begin with a "W"

Quote Originally Posted by Spooky Tree View Post
    Paterson has the odd adrenaline fuelled game where he seems better than he is, but he's a limited footballer. Like most of our squad. They may have the physique and fitness of footballers but their brains for the game are lacking. Always 2 steps behind their opponent. I've said this for ages and since we still have mostly the same squad, it will continue to be the case.
    You're right. Not only are a lot of our squad not great athletes, they also don't possess smart footballing brains... that's not a good combination.

Quote Originally Posted by Rock_Flock_of_Five View Post
    You're right. Not only are a lot of our squad not great athletes, they also don't possess smart footballing brains... that's not a good combination.
    Not having a footballing brain is a positive advantage if you fit into the Warnock ethos. Unfortunately, until we have a form of “ethnic cleansing” to rid ourselves of those who are past their sell by date or who are no longer fit for a new purpose then things aren’t going to change very much. Worryingly, it may take a disproportionate part of our final parachute payment to achieve that. Also, how much of our final parachute payment will go on helping VT keep his promise to make us debt free by 2021? Just a thought.