+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sack Patterson

Sack Patterson

Not only is he absolutely fooking shite he's just tried to assault Bacuna.. looks like a binman and about as professional as one too!

Re: Sack Patterson

Wish we'd sacked Warnock at the end of last season.

Replay shows Bacuna running towards Paterson and putting his head into him and then shoving him in the face so maybe Bacuna should be sacked instead? No problem with them showing their emotions but not a good sign

Quote Originally Posted by Freitag 4.17 View Post
    Not only is he absolutely fooking shite he's just tried to assault Bacuna.. looks like a binman and about as professional as one too!
    I think you’ll find Bacuna made the first head movement

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    I think you’ll find Bacuna made the first head movement
    Well I would say sack them both but I believe Bacunas on a 20 year contract so would bankrupt us..

looks like bacuna leant in 1st but was 2 stags heading it up both same time really...

dont need to see that in front of the supporters and kids and stuff... harris calling it passion...shame they dont turn that passion into goals

Something of nothing

How dramatic

Quote Originally Posted by bluemoon View Post
    looks like bacuna leant in 1st but was 2 stags heading it up both same time really...

dont need to see that in front of the supporters and kids and stuff... harris calling it passion...shame they dont turn that passion into goals
    Passion doesn't equal goals. Talent and ability does.

sack every player that gets into a scuffle in training too? get a grip

Well I would say sack them both but I believe Bacunas on a 20 year contract so would bankrupt us..
    Paterson put a decent shift in tonight, but then it always looks different when you've actually been to the match you're commenting on..

Dramatic gimp

bacuna to take on fury if wilder dont fancy a 3rd go...

Can't we just sack Paterson and Bacuna for being shit?

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    Can't we just sack Paterson and Bacuna for being shit?
    Both have been amongst our better performers this year. Plenty of others to be sacked for this reason first before getting to these two.

They should have let it develop, Paterson would have half killed him! Perhaps they were arguing about which one of them does the best impersonation of a footballer??

Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post
    Paterson put a decent shift in tonight, but then it always looks different when you've actually been to the match you're commenting on..
    It was a decent performance by Paterson he worked hard , thought Glatzel played well , held the ball up well .

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    It was a decent performance by Paterson he worked hard , thought Glatzel played well , held the ball up well .
    The only thing that should the hold the ball up is the back of the net!

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Can't agree about Paterson, won a few headers, but, apart from that, had no effect on the game.

20 with an option for a further 10

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Can't agree about Paterson, won a few headers, but, apart from that, had no effect on the game.
    Agreed Bob.
    Too many people view Paterson through those tinted glasses. He offers very little to a team of mediocre players.
    Last night proved to me that Ward, Glatzel and Paterson are all well below championship level and cannot offer anything to our campaign next season.
    Add to that I could not remember Pack actually passing to a City player last night and there were not many crosses from Murphy or Hoilett that cleared the first defender.
    By contrast Forest always broke with pace and guile and caused us defensive problems.
    After saying that with Forest moving up to third proves to me what a low level championship we have this year.
    A better City team with some idea may have won last night.

Quote Originally Posted by DubaiDai View Post
    Agreed Bob.
    Too many people view Paterson through those tinted glasses. He offers very little to a team of mediocre players.
    Last night proved to me that Ward, Glatzel and Paterson are all well below championship level and cannot offer anything to our campaign next season.
    Add to that I could not remember Pack actually passing to a City player last night and there were not many crosses from Murphy or Hoilett that cleared the first defender.
    By contrast Forest always broke with pace and guile and caused us defensive problems.
    After saying that with Forest moving up to third proves to me what a low level championship we have this year.
    A better City team with some idea may have won last night.
    The Promotion winning side of 2 seasons ago would have won that game, just as we did that season against Forest, coming from a goal behind. They were really praising Forest on Sky sports last night which I thought was a little OTT, it was a solid enough away performance from them but nothing more

Patterson should have knocked the twat out https://youtu.be/uj3gsqFlCys

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    That about sums it up. He may well have "put in a good shift" or "tried hard" but last night his end product was negligible. He did win some headers but nothing really came of them. In his defence that is more to do with the long ball tactic which will usually be far more miss than hit. What is his best position and would we want him to be first choice in it ? Not in his role last night and not as a striker in my view. Wasn't he a full back at Hearts ? Well, I can't remember many occasions, if any, when we picked him as such. Of course our late and increasingly little lamented manager Warnock told the world that he couldn't tackle. Not helpful I thought. Having said all that I would still hang on to him, apparently a very likeable bloke, good in the dressing room, 100% committed. If we want someone to come off the bench and run around like a lunatic making a nuisance of himself and getting in people's faces then he's our man but we must have more quality as a first choice. Unfortunately one serious injury and the Warnock legacy of some poor and one dimensional recruitment has left us with little option.

Players like this make sense if we’re going to carry on being “plucky little Cardiff City”, playing hit and hope hoofball and where effort counts for more than talent.
    If we’re going to drag ourselves into this millennium, develop a philosophy around playing with ball, and sign/develop our own players around this, then definitely not.

Sadly, Cardiff City appears to be drifting along in the former scenario.

Paterson is Ok, no more. If he should be sacked for last night then Bamba should have been sent down for what he did two/three years ago!