+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rebuild

Rebuild

As I said last week, forget promotion this year.
    Another terrible result you may think, but actually there were a LOT of positives.

Obviously the boy Sanderson was a revelation in his first senior game. I was worried for him but he came through it fantastically and I really wish he was properly our player.

Looking at the big picture, this was the first time since Mr Harris took over that I saw a clear tactic and intention. Maybe it didn't work out as well as he'd hoped this time, but he's finally owned his team and he's got them playing in a way that has a definite purpose.

I think that'll work and will only get better. With a bit of luck and two new players in the summer break I can once again see us competing.
    Maybe because I wasn't expecting to win, I'm delighted with the progress made.

Re: Rebuild

I think Sanderson could be. Don't see him getting into that wolves team.

This squad needs 6 good (exceptional by our standards) transfer windows to be promotion candidates.

We need around 13 decent players coming in.

Quote Originally Posted by RonnieBird View Post
    Another terrible result you may think, but actually there were a LOT of positives.

Obviously the boy Sanderson was a revelation in his first senior game. I was worried for him but he came through it fantastically and I really wish he was properly our player.

Looking at the big picture, this was the first time since Mr Harris took over that I saw a clear tactic and intention. Maybe it didn't work out as well as he'd hoped this time, but he's finally owned his team and he's got them playing in a way that has a definite purpose.

I think that'll work and will only get better. With a bit of luck and two new players in the summer break I can once again see us competing.
    Great idea. Let's start with buying a footballer.

We had the opportunity to rebuild in the summer. New manager, a healthy budget by Championship standards.

Instead we decided to finance the Neil Warnock farewell tour and are going to be paying the price for that crazy decision for a few years yet. Colin has spunked millions on utter dross and then does a bunk while the useless ****ers he signed are going to be here until at least 2022 because no other mugs are going to sign them and pay them what we are paying them.

Were you smoking something? That performance tonight demonstrated one thing. We are shite!

True tonight was awful. Harris has not got a clue. Jazz Richards dropped from the whole squad tonight, two weeks after raving over him.

Quote Originally Posted by cardiff55 View Post
    True tonight was awful. Harris has not got a clue. Jazz Richards dropped from the whole squad tonight, two weeks after raving over him.
    He was ill.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    We had the opportunity to rebuild in the summer. New manager, a healthy budget by Championship standards.

Instead we decided to finance the Neil Warnock farewell tour and are going to be paying the price for that crazy decision for a few years yet. Colin has spunked millions on utter dross and then does a bunk while the useless ****ers he signed are going to be here until at least 2022 because no other mugs are going to sign them and pay them what we are paying them.
    2.5 years of good work undone in one transfer window.

What was the plan because the fact we didn’t react to Forest shifting it down our left hand side and cutting it back to late runners arriving in the box is beyond me. Happened about 5 times first half but a combination of poor finishing and last ditch blocks saved us.

Expected something to change second half but within 5 minutes they’ve scored from the exact same scenario.

We arent a million miles away point wise. The standard in championship has been pretty poor and can be told that nobody is happy with performances and we top half.

Something needs to happen but i dont think it needs to be too dramatic. Everyone says want to see a different brand of football but you dont get time when things go wrong in football. Just because you're playing this way doesn't mean you will be succesful.

Someone who can take a decent corner would be nice.

I assuming that this post is MEANT to be sarcastic.......? 🤷*♂️

Quote Originally Posted by cardiff55 View Post
    It was. Absolute garbage.

I’m assuming that the OP is being sarcastic.

Quote Originally Posted by mazadona10 View Post
    We arent a million miles away point wise. The standard in championship has been pretty poor and can be told that nobody is happy with performances and we top half.

Something needs to happen but i dont think it needs to be too dramatic. Everyone says want to see a different brand of football but you dont get time when things go wrong in football. Just because you're playing this way doesn't mean you will be succesful.

Someone who can take a decent corner would be nice.
    Forget corners.

Just a simple cross would be enough.

ffs, this squad requires major surgery, not a plaster stuck on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Rock_Flock_of_Five View Post

ffs, this squad requires major surgery, not a plaster stuck on it.
    Maybe its Ronaldo and VVD.

Football is moving on at a rapid pace, and even clubs like Chelsea, Spurs, Arsenal and Manchester United are getting left behind. I'd be looking for a new manager who understands modern football coaching and tactics before any rebuilding takes place.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Dandruff View Post
    I assuming that this post is MEANT to be sarcastic.......? ��*♂️
    I've noticed before that Ronnie often sees a game no one else did and a game plan everyone else misses - did you know he's an intellectual (self proclaimed)?

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    Football is moving on at a rapid pace, and even clubs like Chelsea, Spurs, Arsenal and Manchester United are getting left behind. I'd be looking for a new manager who understands modern football coaching and tactics before any rebuilding takes place.
    We had that chance earlier in the season but after a “robust review” the board went for Harris.
    I can’t see him moving on any time soon but I agree with your last sentence.

Incidentally, Forest have gone through a number of managers before appointing Lamouchi.
    He is definitely giving them a change of style

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Paget Flashman View Post
    This squad needs 6 good (exceptional by our standards) transfer windows to be promotion candidates.

We need around 13 decent players coming in.
    Any championship team could be promotion candidates with 2 exceptional transfer windows and a slice of luck.
    One or two stand out players at this level would make a big difference to any side.

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    Any championship team could be promotion candidates with 2 exceptional transfer windows and a slice of luck.
    One or two stand out players at this level would make a big difference to any side.

So here’s the thing: the Championship is poor this season and we’re in 10th place, having played a game more than some of the teams around us.
    If we were to get promoted, how much if the squad would be worth keeping, when there’s another thread suggesting that we get rid of about half of the squad?

Quote Originally Posted by The Hooded Claw View Post
    So here’s the thing: the Championship is poor this season and we’re in 10th place, having played a game more than some of the teams around us.
    If we were to get promoted, how much if the squad would be worth keeping, when there’s another thread suggesting that we get rid of about half of the squad?
    I dont think we need to worry about that. We wont be getting promoted.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    I dont think we need to worry about that. We wont be getting promoted.
    At no point this season have we looked good enough to be promoted