+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Rebuild

Re: Rebuild

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    Any championship team could be promotion candidates with 2 exceptional transfer windows and a slice of luck.
    One or two stand out players at this level would make a big difference to any side.
    They could but if we have serious ambitions of getting up and staying up there's very few of the current team I think are good enough for that.

Making wholesale changes like Fulham never worked when they got promoted, it seems the best chance you have is doing it over a number of seasons with a clear identity of how you want to play.

I certainly would not describe Whyte as being a "handful" for the opposition. Hes hard working, but ive yet to see him give an opposition defence a torrid time. At the end of the day he plays in a position where hes meant to be creating opportunities for our attackers not stifling the opposition attackers.

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    At no point this season have we looked good enough to be promoted
    No chance. The little run weve had before last Saturday has given us a bit of false hope, myself included, but in reality we are a mid table team. Too strong and too many seasoned Championship pros to get caught up in the relegation fight, but we havent got nowhere near enough quality to warrant being a promotion contender.

Were one of a number of clubs who could finish anywhere between 8th and 18th this season.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    I dont think we need to worry about that. We wont be getting promoted.
    Quite! 👍🏻