+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: It was cold, windy and generally miserable there tonight Murphy, but at least I bothered to turn up..

It was cold, windy and generally miserable there tonight Murphy, but at least I bothered to turn up..

Everything he did - or in his case - didn't do, look as if he really didn't give a sh*t. Players have bad games, even bad runs aka Bennett, but tonight Murphy out-Murphied himself..

Re: It was cold, windy and generally miserable there tonight Murphy, but at least I bothered to turn up..

The guy's scored 5 goals in the past 6 games and he has a bad game tonight and look at you

Re: It was cold, windy and generally miserable there tonight Murphy, but at least I bothered to turn up..

This cheering Murphy’s substitution shit needs to get in the sea. Arseholes -
    https://twitter.com/roathboy/status/1232413875825467398
    Think we need to take our cue from the manager who knows the player best: Harris welcomed him as he walked off the pitch and encouraged him rather than berating him.

Hoilett was just as bad as Murphy tonight, killed any momentum going forward, but didn't get jeered. Maybe because we've seen him perform previously but if you're judging by this year only then they should get equal fans reaction.

Murphy was poor tonight, but so were three or four others and they didn't get half the amount of stick from the crowd that he did.

Quote Originally Posted by LeningradCowboy View Post
    Murphy was poor tonight, but so were three or four others and they didn't get half the amount of stick from the crowd that he did.
    There's something about wingers that City fans dislike. Josh Low was in the team of the season when we were last in the bottom division yet he wasn't rated by many of our fans that season. Paul Parry did a fantastic job for us, yet got absolutely slated in our last game at Ninian Park for not tracking back.

Not lacklustre as Bennett, or Pack, or Hoilett, or Glatzel, or Paterson. And he put in much more effort than Bacuna.

Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post
    Everything he did - or in his case - didn't do, look as if he really didn't give a sh*t. Players have bad games, even bad runs aka Bennett, but tonight Murphy out-Murphied himself..
    Amazing how the hope and style of 7 days ago has evaporated entirely....thumping hudds who easily beat Bristol city last night.
    So typical of cardiff city fc, just aswell most of us are used to it and knew we’d be going nowhere this year.

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    Amazing how the hope and style of 7 days ago has evaporated entirely....thumping hudds who easily beat Bristol city last night.
    So typical of cardiff city fc, just aswell most of us are used to it and knew we’d be going nowhere this year.
    I actually thought City weren't too bad considering Forest are going for automatic promotion and our 2 most threatening players were out injured. Trouble is we carry absolutely no threat without Tomlin - Forest knew this and we able to reduce us to the usual crosses/corners/throw-ins..

Thought Murphy was in a class of his own last night in the award for worst City player on the pitch. I can't work him out, he's been playing better for a few games, but, from the first whistle, that was back to the Murphy from the first half of the season who I could never quite work out whether he was suffering from a serious lack of confidence, desperate to get away from Cardiff or just plain disinterested. I didn't join in with the cheering of his substitution, but I could understand why it happened.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Thought Murphy was in a class of his own last night in the award for worst City player on the pitch. I can't work him out, he's been playing better for a few games, but, from the first whistle, that was back to the Murphy from the first half of the season who I could never quite work out whether he was suffering from a serious lack of confidence, desperate to get away from Cardiff or just plain disinterested. I didn't join in with the cheering of his substitution, but I could understand why it happened.
    My heading was flippant but may just have a ring of truth about it. Murphy's obviously one who thinks he's destined for greater things - a bit like Reid, and probably just can't get himself motivated on evenings like last night. I think you'd have to have been at the game to understand what you and I and a lot of others on here are saying about his performance..

City fans like GOOD wingers, the same as any other supporters.
    I don't recall Willie Anderson or Dave Bennett getting too much stick

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Gillis View Post
    Probably because they looked like they were always interested in the game and always wanted the ball! I can't work Murphy out, but as a professional footballer there is no way he could be happy with his performance last night, few minutes into the game and someone near us said Murphy isn't up for this tonight, and he was spot on, if it wasn't his night fair enough it happens, but I expected Harris to take him off at half time
    That's the biggest concern for me, fans can see what's happening and the manager either can't or won't make a change quick enough

"Cardiff City fans playing dangerous game jeering Murphy";-

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/...naldo-17815232

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Way back at Torquay you could see why he was always going to be a controversial figure. A bit too selfish, quick to look round and try to blame others, very slow to get back and help defend (because he cant). Yes, he has scored a few decent goals but it's a "No" from me. One to move on.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Gillis View Post
    Now you're talking! How easily we can forget real commitment. Great memories from those days with the likes of those two, and Dwyer, Clive Charles etc...